Eligibility for removals and disturbance allowance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by SeahorseSpanner, Jul 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody please inform me of the time period you have to move on assignment in order to be eligible for removals and disturbance allowance. I have heard conflicting information with some people saying you have to have moved within a maximum of 3 months after the assignment date, and others saying that you have 6 months.

Any HR gurus out there know the facts. Cheers.
  2. .
  3. Happy with that J_P. I was looking for the max time you have to have moved by (3 or 6 mths)? So to be clear and by way of example; start new job on 1 Aug. Do you have to have moved by 1 Nov (3 mths) or 1 Feb (6 mths) in order to be entitled to removals and DA?
  4. The time limit is for how long you occupy the qualifying residence. You can in fact claim before you move. Received wisdom is, if you don't need the money to actually fund the move, don't claim until the six months are up, that way you know it's not going to be taken back.
  5. Ok let's be more specific: I hope to move into my own house after starting a new job. Start new job 1 Sep and plan to commute from current address until own new house is ready to move into. When is the latest I can move and claim removals and DA. Is it 3 or 6 mths later, I.e. by 1 Dec or 1Mar?
  6. Neither. The stipulation is that you must occupy the residence for which you are claiming the move for six months.
  7. See below:

07.0206. Eligible Service Personnel. All Regular Service personnel and Military Provost Guard Service personnel and, where appropriate, their accompanying immediate families, are eligible to move and/or store their entitlement of PE at public expense when one of the following is met:

a. They move to a new Residence at Work Address (RWA) on a permanent assignment requiring a change of duty station. Such moves should normally be undertaken within 3 months of the commencement of an assignment.

(1) COs may authorise delays for up to 6 months after the assignment start date to allow house sale or purchase, or where a child’s schooling is involved, providing there is at least 6 months left to serve in the new duty station.

(2) Delays for any other reason must be authorised by the PACCC.
  8. 6 months.
  9. Got it fellas thank you.