Elephant Polo and the Duke of Argyle.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BuggerAll, Nov 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Alls well in the land. BBC Breakfast had an item on this morning about the Duke of Argyle in training for the Elephant Polo World Cup.

His Grace perfects his swing by sitting on a brass elephant over the fireplace and by riding his Range Rover, one leg through the sunroof and one leg dangling down outside the door. Rover driven at elephant speed by the chauffeur.

How did we ever lose the Empire. How the fcuk did we (the Scots) which can produce such a modern hero as the Duke of Argyle also produce such a gimp as Broon (aka the white Mugabe)?

Couldn't find the relevant report but here is our hero at a previous event: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XhKFtOGVzCI

2. There's a team out of New York, who have been practising on an old airfield by sitting atop SUV's ...took them three years to get ' accreditation ' to compete '..

Good to see that the eonomic downturn hasn't dampened some ' more money than sense' types from keeping up the image of the idle rich...

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There is nothing idle about riding on an Elephant! I know I've been on Safari at the place where the championships are held in Nepal.

What the national leadership of this country is lacking is any character and integrity. BoJo being the only political leader with a shred of either - Its why more people would vote for Clarkson than for the Gimp currently in No 10.

4. Good to see that the eonomic downturn hasn't dampened some ' more money than sense' types from keeping up the image of the idle rich...[/quote]

----------------------
    Take it you share this veiw with that of 'Premiership football'... :roll:

5. My heart bleeds for those crying in their Chivas because their stocks and bonds have fallen from $ 140 billion to only $ 90 billion in this economic ' downturn '..