Elephant "kiddy sex"

Animal Rights activists are complaining that a 9 year old elephant has been impregnated while in captivity, their claiming its the same as a 12 year old human getting a bun in the oven. So since when do we apply human values on wild animals? As soon as that thing was in season for the first time in the wild every elephant with an attached nob within 100miles would be thundering towards her.

I really do worry about some people in this world even though i know they arnt worth the concious effort.

Link to the beeb article
Elephant's pregnancy sparks row

Elephant at Sydney's Taronga Zoo
The zoo has defended itself against claims of irresponsibility

Pregnant elephant
A row has erupted in Australia after Sydney's zoo announced a nine-year-old Asian elephant was pregnant.

Animal rights groups say the elephant, Thong Dee, is too young to fall pregnant, and that the zoo is "irresponsible" in letting it happen.

This was "the equivalent of allowing your 12-year-old daughter to become pregnant", said Erica Martin of the International Fund for Animal Welfare.

But keepers at Taronga Zoo say they took expert advice and acted on this.

"We took our advice from the experts in elephant reproduction," says Lucy Melo, senior keeper at the zoo.

"And based on their findings, when they came here and did elephant reproductive assessments... they suggested that all of the elephants were reproductively viable, and that they actually recommended Thong Dee for immediate breeding."

But Ifaw says under captive breeding plans, elephants should be at least 11 years old before conceiving.

If all goes well, the birth will be the first by a captive elephant in Australia, which the zoo described as a "historic event" on Thursday.

Thong Dee, who is five months into her 22-month pregnancy, is reported to be the first elephant to become pregnant while in captivity in Australia.

She was part of a group of Asian elephants imported from Thailand two years ago.

madness! they waited too long! get 'em while theyre young!

Dirty slut.

LMAO what a tree hugging idiot, dogs get pregnant earlier, I'm guessing this is a poor attempt at getting famous...

BiscuitsAB said:
hahahahahaha.. fkin liberals. Its an elephant for fks sake. If its old enough to bleed its old enough to breed.
An elephant in a unnatural environment, impregnated earlier than natural... Which could have implications to her and her child (elephant).

Wild animal maybe, but the humans have imprisoned her so should ensure her well being.

Animal rights groups say the elephant, Thong Dee, is too young to fall pregnant, and that the zoo is "irresponsible" in letting it happen.
Well, with a name like that, what did you expect?

Little slapper. She'll be expecting the state to support it, too.

Park Rangers will be naming the calf 'Chantelle', I take it?

chocolate_frog said:
BiscuitsAB said:
hahahahahaha.. fkin liberals. Its an elephant for fks sake. If its old enough to bleed its old enough to breed.
An elephant in a unnatural environment, impregnated earlier than natural... Which could have implications to her and her child (elephant).

Wild animal maybe, but the humans have imprisoned her so should ensure her well being.
Every eight seconds, a young child dies from lack of water or a waterborne disease. This equates to a 747 full of kids going down every hour.

And your worried about an elephant! rock on.

BiscuitsAB said:
chocolate_frog said:
BiscuitsAB said:

Every eight seconds, a young child dies from lack of water or a waterborne disease. This equates to a 747 full of kids going down every hour.

And your worried about an elephant! rock on.
but its cheaper to let kids die from waterborne diseases than it is to keep crashing 747's full of kids; or did you mean 'going down' in a Garry Glitter kind of a way?

theoriginalphantom said:
but its cheaper to let kids die from waterborne diseases than it is to keep crashing 747's full of kids; or did you mean 'going down' in a Garry Glitter kind of a way?
Not as much fun, though. The kids on the aeroplane scream and thrash about more, in a highly entertaining fashion.

Oh, wait a minute! I'd forgotten about cholera... About evens, then.

Thong Dee, who is five months into her 22-month pregnancy, is reported to be the first elephant to become pregnant while in captivity in Australia.
Just read this part. 22 months? I'd rather give myself an enema with a bag of Encona sauce.

That'll teach the little tart.

Who's going to pay for the Child Benefit, Nursery Education, Parental Counselling, Primary Education, Child Care, Maternity Benefit, Secondary Education, Unemployment Benefit, Disability Allowance, More Counselling [yet to be defined]? ....

Oh, it's in Oz ... that's OK then. For a moment I thought you poor bu66ers were going to have to pay ... ;-)

So which zoo-keeper did it? Have they found out yet? Probably that tall one in the corner ... no, not the giraffe ... YOU with the stilts.

A 12 year old (human/chav) mother around here would ellicit no surprise, so why should a pachyderm?

What exactly were the keepers supposed to do, chaperone her at all times? I wouldn't want to be the poor sod who had to persuade a randy 1-ton bull elephant that the jailbait was off limits...

still21inmymind said:
A 12 year old (human/chav) mother around here would ellicit no surprise, so why should a pachyderm?
actually the question in a chav at that age would be 'Why leave it so late to have your first child?

Ahem:

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0022-541X(197310)37%3A4%3C524%3AREOTFA%3E2.0.CO%3B2-V

During 1957 through 1964, 146 female African elephants (Loxodonta africana) were collected in Uganda; data were also obtained from 23 pregnant elephants collected in Zambia in 1967. The reproductive status of 142 adult and subadult female elephants in Uganda was 17.6 percent pregnant, 79.6 percent not pregnant, 2.1 percent estrus, and 0.7 percent status unknown; 45.1 percent lactating and 5.6 percent lactation status unknown. Female elephants reach sexual maturity between 7 and 15 years in age.

Set Pinko Phasers to Kill!!!

Besides, given the talent on show before they brought in the Thai brides, the old boy at the Zoo just had to make do with what ever was at hand:

Attachments