Elene

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by scotscop, Jan 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Earlier today (06/01/05) a user created the account 'elene' and posted three posts on three different boards.

The post contained a link, the link will have taken you to a blank page. This page contained another 'invisible' page which harvests the IP and system details of those who visit. Nothing can come of this if you ensure your virus definitions are fully up-to-date and you have your firewall enabled.

The IP of the user will be obtained and reported to their Internet Service Provider.

- Moderating team.

[​IMG]

2. Oh ffs !!!! 8O trust me to have hit link looking for info on the thread :evil: Elene a muppet or a troll??? :evil:

Cheers MC x

3. I suspect that there was a clue in the highly amusing name our little japester chose:

Whilst the University of Brighton is hardly a powerhouse of learning (says the man with no quals at all), it seems they have been visited by this delightful waste of time already. As usual, MC is dead on - as long as your virus definitions are up to date, no probs.

http://interact.brighton.ac.uk/is/interaction/ia.php?action=story&id=20040127100613

Any chance BB is behind all this...?

4. Phew! Glad i've got a Mac!

Touch Wood!

5. Fell for link.......all I got was press any key and enter...............have done complete scan 2 different AV programs and have 3 firewalls up. As I am a computer biff does this mean I am likely to be clean? :oops: 8O

6. LWM your computer will be fine. Speak to msr if you want a tinfoil hat however.

7. Hey Letters,

I reckon that having 3 firewalls is a bit OTT - there is a danger that they will actually interfere with one another! Same with the AV stuff.

However, it is extremely unlikely that you have been affected - as long as you have updates one of your AV's virus definitions folder in the last 11 months or so!!! :D

8. ALLOFTHEABOVE.COM :lol:

[​IMG]

9. This has been my experience but I suppose it won't be too long before some cnut writes one for use. I've got Virex installed on Mozilla but seems never had to use it.

10. I tested it in ie and firefox, didn't get any virus, and had to lower even ie's security to get the popup to happen. 250 ok's later.

Is Elene a bot, or what? The IP of the infected site is located at 67.19.149.34, which when hit links to eseconsult.biz, which contains said webhost:

mwp.eseconsult.biz
    ns1.eseconsult.biz
    ns2.eseconsult.biz

Has there been any confirmed infections?

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Me too!

12. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry msr - but that conjures up a very amusing image!

13. :D :lol: :oops: Not wearing bacofoil just yet..........just want to make sure I dont get fecked over by shite like this......... :)

14. I see our fav friend has lost a bit of weight too. Still looking a bit 'jowely' though.