Electronic warfare.

Hi, Just looking for a bit more in depth info on 14th signal reg and the role of a electronic warfare operator.
Also do all ewops have to be para trained to be in that trade.

cheers for any help!!!

Yes, that is what the phrase 'no, they don't' actually means. There's lots of info about 14 on here, do a few searches. @ashford_old_school is fairly current and I'll be dragging him and the current holder of his last post there out for a beer on Friday night, so please give him something to talk about other than his bad knee.

anony_mouse

Old-Salt
Hi, Just looking for a bit more in depth info on 14th signal reg and the role of a electronic warfare operator.
Also do all ewops have to be para trained to be in that trade.

cheers for any help!!!

Do all EW Sys Ops have to para trained to work at 14? God no. Many of them use calendars to measure time during runs as they're horrible wobbly messes.

As an old Comcen Opertor, later redesignated Data Telegraphist, I went on a 6 week Cypher Opertor course way back in 1971 or '72 after completing my B1 course as a data Telegraphist at the old 8 Sigs, Catterick. When I joined up in 1963, there was a trade group of Cypher Operator, and soldiers were normally promoted to full corporal on completion of their coruse. The problem was that cypher ops I knew were a bit long in the tooth, and promotion to Sergeant and above was often a long time coming..

Does the Corps still run Crypto courses at this time, especially off-line crypto systems as a back up to on-line encypherment that might fail due to technical problems.:)

As an old Comcen Opertor, later redesignated Data Telegraphist, I went on a 6 week Cypher Opertor course way back in 1971 or '72 after completing my B1 course as a data Telegraphist at the old 8 Sigs, Catterick. When I joined up in 1963, there was a trade group of Cypher Operator, and soldiers were normally promoted to full corporal on completion of their coruse. The problem was that cypher ops I knew were a bit long in the tooth, and promotion to Sergeant and above was often a long time coming..

Does the Corps still run Crypto courses at this time, especially off-line crypto systems as a back up to on-line encypherment that might fail due to technical problems.:)
uyvhn vbere ondew drwxa pwbdf

The answer to that is REDACTED.

Simple really.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
К сожалению, я понятия не имею
<wince>

Go and lift some explosive remnants of war, dear, you'll feel better. Leave the Russian, no, really, trust me on this, leave the Russian.

uyvhn vbere ondew drwxa pwbdf

Initial wheel and plugboard settings?

366FB10700000578-3699785-image-m-11_1469033192845.jpg