Electronic Warfare Sytems Operator

HAHAHAHAHA... how I laughed at the picture on that link... a fully working DF, as if!!! :p

What makes you think it's working? Looks just like the 'cuff mode' we had to employ when any visitor came along!!

ashford_old_school said:
What makes you think it's working? Looks just like the 'cuff mode' we had to employ when any visitor came along!!

Shhhhh....don't tell them about "cuff mode". I've built an entire career on cuffing it using skills learnt in Basic (and given that we were in the same squad, AoS, what have YOU been doing all these years?)

can be interesting/exciting about 2% of the time, rest of the time bored stiffless.

limited postings, but a few good ones, generally left alone but also mega piss taking as people don't understand what you do.

personally don't do it as your quals aren't that transferable in civvy street.

also be aware you won't be james bond , but also good promotion prospects as long as your not a complete throbber.

have been as general as i can, also done the job for 9 years.

hope this helps

Siggie said:
Hibs_Bez said:
Yes, don't rely on the information you get from anonymous internet sites to base your career aspirations on.
What am i supposed to base it on? The 4 Liner on the army website?
My opinion, and it is only an opinion.

It is a very god job for promotion. If you are any good at it you will almost certainly get to WO1 or Late entry officer. You will spend your career in a small world of good friends but limited postings.

If you have that choice, you probably have (what used to be called ) the tech choice. Look at that too.

My opinion, not fact.

D

Dom1983

That video on the Army websites pure cheese! love it at the end where he says 'we are like communications spies'

That is what i now refer to myself as!

Dom1983 said:
That video on the Army websites pure cheese! love it at the end where he says 'we are like communications spies'

You got that wrong, he says "we look like we eat pies"

Dom1983 said:

Didn't think it looked that cheesy actually, think it actually doesn't big the job up as much as the summary etc does.

Puts it a bit more in the real world, unlike the summary which makes it sound like you'll be hacking NASA upon your leaving of the forces.