Electronic Warfare Sytems Operator

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Siggie, Dec 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone one of, or know someone who does this role??

Would be great to hear some perspective of what the job is like...
  2. HAHAHAHAHA... how I laughed at the picture on that link... a fully working DF, as if!!! :p
  3. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  4. What makes you think it's working? Looks just like the 'cuff mode' we had to employ when any visitor came along!!

5. Shhhhh....don't tell them about "cuff mode". I've built an entire career on cuffing it using skills learnt in Basic (and given that we were in the same squad, AoS, what have YOU been doing all these years?)
  6. This is the posh name for the Spec Op?

At least they don't have to spend 12 months learning an alphabet anymore
  7. You are correct. It is now accepted that EW Sys Ops cannot read and write. :wink:
  8. they are like an RS Op...but less useful!
  9. Can you please put that in morse so I can, at least, make an attempt to understand what you are saying?
  10. Why? EWSYSOPS don't do morse anymore either!
  11. So then, anything new anyone can add?
  12. Yes, don't rely on the information you get from anonymous internet sites to base your career aspirations on.
  13. What am i supposed to base it on? The 4 Liner on the army website?
  14. can be interesting/exciting about 2% of the time, rest of the time bored stiffless.

limited postings, but a few good ones, generally left alone but also mega piss taking as people don't understand what you do.

personally don't do it as your quals aren't that transferable in civvy street.

also be aware you won't be james bond , but also good promotion prospects as long as your not a complete throbber.

have been as general as i can, also done the job for 9 years.

hope this helps