Electronic Warfare Operator

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Sigs, Jul 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am going for my formal interview shortly and have been advised to research my chosen role as much as possible, however, compared to many other roles in the signals, there appears to be very little information regarding EWSO's specific role (I assume because their work is classified).

I would very much appreciate it if somebody with experience of the job could let me know what sort of thing would be good to talk about during my interview to really stand out, other than the basics about where the training is and the general role (jamming, intercept, int. gathering etc.).

I have been crawling through the forums and other sources for weeks now and I'm really struggling to find anything that I can't through the army's own site.

Thanks in advance,
    H.

2. Anybody? Please!?

3. There you are, easy

4. I understand that anybody replying won't be able to give me specifics about what they do, but just want to know what sort of things I would need to say/what I might need to research before my interview in order to be prepared for it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

5. The CSgt who took my interview admitted to me that he didn't have a clue what the job was about, what it entailed it anything about it so just told me to say what I knew, just where the training was.

A lot of it is pretty sensitive, so yeah, best just rolling it up into a neat few headers like you already have done.

Don't worry too much about it.

6. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

Pretty much summed up in a nutshell on the Army Website.

7. Thanks alphakennything, good to know I don't need to stress too much! And donny thanks for the link, some pretty interesting info on there, whether its accurate or not I guess I'll have to wait until training to find out!

thanks for your help gents,
    H.

8. Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post so that anybody else who is going for this role can have some kind of idea about what they will be asked during their interview. The answer, absolutely jack about the role itself and a lot about yourself. It would be good to read up on the information on the army website but I wouldn't bother doing so much extra research as I did, the interviewer only had (an older version of) the fact sheet you can find here: http://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/53/

Hope this helps anybody who may need it.
    Sigs.