Electronic Warfare and Signals Intelligence Intakes for 2020

Hey so I passed assesment centre and want to join in the job role of electronic warfare and signals Intelligence (used to be known as Electronic Warfare Operator) however my AFCO says they dont have any intake dates available and I have to wait till march to find out but anyone know any estimated dates or how long I'd be waiting as I am due to finish college this year
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

Hey so I passed assesment centre and want to join in the job role of electronic warfare and signals Intelligence (used to be known as Electronic Warfare Operator) however my AFCO says they dont have any intake dates available and I have to wait till march to find out but anyone know any estimated dates or how long I'd be waiting as I am due to finish college this year
Thanks

You know most people on here never served, and the rest left years ago.
As 'Intelligence' is in the job title, how do you think anyone would know more than the AFCO?

Thanks

When do you finish college?

if after march, wait until then.

amnesia

Old-Salt
Thanks

You'll be waiting a long time Morgan. EW is a very popular job and has long waiting list. A rough guesstimate might be 8 - 12 months, but even that is being optimistic.

Join as a Cyber Engineer and look to cross over / or work with the EWs later in your career.

You'll be waiting a long time Morgan. EW is a very popular job and has long waiting list. A rough guesstimate might be 8 - 12 months, but even that is being optimistic.

Join as a Cyber Engineer and look to cross over / or work with the EWs later in your career.
what is your understanding of the cyber engineer trade?

because you may as well suggest he goes infantry and work with them later.

amnesia

Old-Salt
what is your understanding of the cyber engineer trade?

because you may as well suggest he goes infantry and work with them later.
My understanding is that it will be a darn site quicker to get a Cyber Engineer role than it will an EW role unless he his happy to wait for a year.

My understanding is that it will be a darn site quicker to get a Cyber Engineer role than it will an EW role unless he his happy to wait for a year.
Maybe so but it is a different trade to the one he's after.

And as ew is well recruited but engineer is a priority trade he's got zero chance of retrading.

the army will still be there in twelve months.

plenty of time to see the world a bit, get fit or do a bit of study.

Latest Threads