Electronic ROF limiter for small arms

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Yeoman_dai, Aug 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been done.

Parker Hale PDW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thats only an SMG of course, it balanced the rate of fire to keep the recoil impulse the same as the impulse from the bolt running forwards and keep the muzzle down but the basic ideas been used before.
  2. I know that's what I thought. I was thinking if they fitted this to upper deck guns on ships, I want to know my aimers will fire when I call take rather than have to wait until the machine says so. Plus the article doesn't mention cost...
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Electrickery was considered for the 3 round burst option during development of the A1. Binned early on sensibly in my opinion!
  4. How do the HK weapons manage it? I always assumed it to be mechancial counter seer or something.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its mechanical but I assume it just uses a different sear setting, clever chaps these germans, the M16A3 had a 3 round option as well!
  6. Probably done wonders for ammo consumption in US forces then... assuming they took the full auto setting off.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yup the A3 was I believe championed by the USMC and took away the full auto. used in GW1.