Electronic powder scales

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Blogg, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For some years now been throwing slightly underweight powder charges then trickling to desired weight on a set of not very wonderful electronic scales. Fine, all well and good, checked about 1 in 10 on ye olde balance and +/- 0.1 grain.

But the scales started to slowly "drift" downwards after about 1/2 hour use and needed to be recaliberated often. Not batteries as they have a mains power supply. Last evening got to the point where they started throwing up an error message and are now useless.

So on to t'interweb and rapidly discover that the prices being asked for "big" name makers suggest that they are constructed from Unobtainium, to the point where I can source a set of certificated lab. scales rated to +/- 0.05 grain accuracy for substantially less than that asked for a reloaders scales rated to +/- 0.1 grain. Trouble is that they are a bit bigger than I would like. In fact a lot bigger because they come with draught screens fitted.

Any suggestions?
  2. PM Ugly- he should have some info
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have a top of the range RCBS chargemaster combo. No change for the whole kit out of £300 and it doesnt connect to your pc like the lyman but I am a green fan and love my machine. PM me for proper priices trade etc. I can do a deal if you are serious.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That may be awkward as there seems to be a $100 limit on exports. Thats what I found with Boyds stocks, they ship in two seperate boxes or more when possible. It ends up costing almost as much as buying here especially when customs open the package and stick VAT on it!
  5. I think you'll find thatthe $100 limit is just in regards to firearms parts/accessories. No problems with tools, clothing, scales etc.
  6. I think that's right because a pal was bringing me back some sights and the fact that they were $105 was a big problem. Happily he found a second hand set. The issue is one specifically to do with firearms parts.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok, mine was for rifle stocks.