Electric Shock Therapy - for P1ssing in public!

Now I might get one of these myself!

http://www.independent.ie/national-...ail-to-halt-revellers-in-midflow-1927525.html

Shop's shock tactics fail to halt revellers in mid-flow

By Gordon Deegan

Thursday October 29 2009

AN UNSUSPECTING reveller literally got the shock of his life when he urinated against the window of a traditional music shop at the weekend.

He was the first victim of a controversial 'electric shock' treatment devised by the owner of Custy's near O'Connell Street in Ennis, Co Clare, for people using his shop front as a toilet.

CCTV footage showed the reveller being thrown back after he attempted to relieve himself on the shop front off the busy shopping street.

But unrepentant shop owner John O'Connor said the victim had received his just deserts after his new electric fence went 'live' over the bank holiday weekend.

"He did the discourtesy of urinating on the front door and everywhere, but had the courtesy to look at the camera to give a full description of who he is."

But he admitted the shock didn't appear to harm or even deter the man, who "continued on urinating down the lane".

The culprit could end up with a court appearance.

But if gardai fail to track him down, Mr O'Connor said he plans to put a "quality image of the man out on the main street and let the public decide who it is".

His zero-tolerance policy towards what he calls "al fresco urinating" was sparked by years of having to clean up urine, vomit and faeces at his shop front every Monday morning from late-night revellers using the area as a toilet.

Warning

A sign states: "Electric Current in Operation -- Urinate at Your Own Peril" to warn revellers of the consequences.

"It has been a great success," Mr O'Connor insisted.

"Things have improved dramatically and there was no mess to clean up on Tuesday morning after the bank holiday weekend," he added.

- Gordon Deegan

Irish Independent

flamingo said:
Now I might get one of these myself!
What, a shop in Ireland?

A traditional music shop in Co Clare - I wish!

Seriously, I'd love to see the CCTV - might be as good as the two chavs in Swansea being beaten up by the guys in drag!

In New Labours Britain the Shop owner would be in the dock so fast the Air closing behind him would make a thunder clap.

UK Version: After the shopkeeper's arrest by 30 Armed Police, he would be found guilty of assault. This would lead to a 12 month Prison Sentence. Concurrently, the urinator would sue the shopkeeper for damages of 2 million pounds. This would result in the shopkeeper going bankrupt and the business being wound up.

Whilst in prison the shopkeeper's family would be the subject of a prolonged campaign of intimidation by the urinator's friends and family.

On his release from prison the shopkeeper would be under the control of Probation Officers. The urinator would by now have a nice house in Essex, paid for by his huge amount of damages from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, where all his friends would come and terrorize the neigbourhood whilst high on drugs.

Eventually the shopkeeper would commit suicide. Police would issue a statement saying it was a tragedy.

nark said:
UK Version: After the shopkeeper's arrest by 30 Armed Police, he would be found guilty of assault. This would lead to a 12 month Prison Sentence. Concurrently, the urinator would sue the shopkeeper for damages of 2 million pounds. This would result in the shopkeeper going bankrupt and the business being wound up.

Whilst in prison the shopkeeper's family would be the subject of a prolonged campaign of intimidation by the urinator's friends and family.

On his release from prison the shopkeeper would be under the control of Probation Officers. The urinator would by now have a nice house in Essex, paid for by his huge amount of damages from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, where all his friends would come and terrorize the neigbourhood whilst high on drugs.

Eventually the shopkeeper would commit suicide. Police would issue a statement saying it was a tragedy.
Very hard to laugh at what is a very funny post when you know it would actually be a true version of events.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
81cufc The NAAFI Bar 4
QManWpns Finance, Property, Law 1
QManWpns Finance, Property, Law 2