electric razors

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Billboard, Aug 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can i use a electric razor if i went into infantry on ops, field, training etc. Also if the tactical situation does not allow this could i get a waiver not to shave as i get severe razor bumps with a wet shave. Many thanks :D :D
  2. I've never had a drama using a battery buzz on exercise. You'll find if you go Inf that any ops work you do, you wont have the time or water to even worry about a wet shave.

Failing that there is always a laminated sick chit!
  3. Learn to wet shave, your skin will toughen up eventually. The answer is no, sooner or later you'll encounter someone who has a pathological hatred of them in tactical environments, so toughen your skin up and learn. You'll save loads of money of 20000 sets of batteries for a trip to BATUS too.
  4. I also have the same problem. I am fine as long as I shave with the grain and not against it. You dont get a baby smooth shave, but it is clean and tidy enough, with no ingrown hairs.
  5. But there ARE some medical conditions that allow an exemption from shaving.
    Personally have only ever seen for short periods of time.

There's a risk that if someone has a beard their respirator won't seal properly posing risk.
  6. I have the same problem - I used to get terrible rash and spots across my shaving area, particularly the neck.

About 3 years ago I just stopped wet shaving and only used clippers and it is perfect - I don't get a single spot.

I can look as if I am only 1-2 days without a wet shave at all times, is this good enough for officer selection?

I can't see how sending me into the field with open wounds on my face is a good idea.
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

8. Ouch. Actually I was thinking of one of those lush electric razors with built in soothing foam dispensers?
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Mate a clockwork razor is ally as fcuk.
  10. Had one on H9 - fecking God send! (Laminated chit not leccie razor) Even stuck in REMFsville had a face like bubble-wrap after every shave - ingrowing hairs and abscesses - ruined my good looks. :p MO sorted out said chit - No problems after that.

If your face gets chewed to bits shaving; get down the MO and he'd be the best to advise you.

As for having a good fit with a ressie - there is the option of a gel that makes a seal or just leave your ressie gathering dust in the bottom of your locker.
  11. yep