Electric razor advice

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by polar69, May 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents, and possibly ladies I need your advice.

Like a complete twat I have lost my philishave and now will need to replace it.

I've had it for four years or so and liked the fact it was rechargeable and gave a reasonably odd close shave.

So my question is, of the available electric razors which one would you consider to be the market leader ?

2. Cheap and reliable twenty dollar battery powered Braun in a drawer in the office, it's been going strong for two years now and when it dies I'll just throw it out and buy another.

3. I have a phillips battery shaver, had it for over 25 years and its been all over the world with me and still going strong, so for me you can't go wrong with a phillips

4. Anyone have a recommendation for the more mature man? White stubble seems to be thicker than dark hair, and doesn't seem to fit through the foil head of most 'leccy razors.

I think this is a definite gap in the market.

5. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I'm with the Phillips crew here. Whilst it's not as close as a razor (is anything?) when on leave I find that after a couple of days of wet shaving, the Phillips Cool Shave works a treat. And it's waterproof and has a squeezy button for delivering a burst of Nivea for that extra comfort :)

6. An electric razor? Whatever next? Buy yourself a Wilkinson's Safety Razor, some spare blades, a lather brush, some soap and a flannel.

• Like Like x 6
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Stop being a tart. get one of these Chrome Plated Lined Safety Razor DE89L

One of these English Shaving Brush - Extra Large Ebony Best

Some of this Taylors Sandalwood Shaving Cream Pot

These will help Large Dispenser Pack of 200 Personna Razor Blades 200 blade for £15!!!!

and this is great stuff Proraso Original Pre Shave Cream 100ml

• Like Like x 2
  8. The shaving brush links are well timed - I always used my old man's (ex-CG) but dropped it and cracked the body open.

I'd put in the sink to drain and dry off so I could repair it and the stupid mare I'm married to binned it. I was a little upset about that.

9. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Proraso is the DB's

• Like Like x 1
  10. Are you or have you ever been a homosexual?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Go on, out him Jarrod, then make him take it like a woman, I'll hold your errrmm.....leather cap and gimp coat.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Not many gentlemen around these days but I think he's of the gentle persuasion.

13. No, but he is willing to learn.

• Like Like x 3

14. "Wot, with my feet?"

• Like Like x 2
  15. I knew someone would pick up on it.

• Like Like x 1