Election Results

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tangosix, May 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not too bad for Labour. 255 isn't a wipe-out of '83 or '97 proportions. It's going to be an interesting night...
  2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Bye Bye Gordon...................
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

4. I have to say I am glad to see the sentence "together Labour and the Lib Dems can not have a majority"! That is a huge relief. With any luck a deal with the DUP could see a Conservative minority Government in power tomorrow.
  5. GB's not gone yet, certainly not on the exit poll.

Has the LibDem surge just evaporated when it came to cruch time?

I reckon the exit poll has under estimated and they'll do better than that..

Or is that just me praying for Lab to come third in the popular vote?
  6. Of course exit polls are nowhere near the accurate forecast they once were, with a large number of votes now conducted by post. I have never answered truthfully in the past when asked as I leave the polling station what way I voted. Its nobody's damn business which way I vote, thats the point of a secret ballot.
  7. Poor Gordon, sacked by the nation from a job that was never his!

A minority government? Not sure that is going to be a good thing though!

Still as long as that 'Prudent? (Gold reserve sales anyone?) former chancellor gets his arse kicked right out the door, it has to be cause for celebration!
  8. The above result would produce a hung parliament, which would leave Gordon in power.
  9. If those results are near correct, I would imagine that Gordon is going to be around for a while yet.
  10. Hopefully those results will turn out to be bogus, we dont want a mendacious liar in charge of this country for 5 minutes longer than we have to. If turnout has been high it is usually not good news for Labour, and current indications are a high turnout, so here's hoping and fingers crossed. I have a bottle of champagne to crack if Ed Balls loses his seat.
  11. He will try every trick in the book to retain power for Political and Financial reasons .... the Labour Party is effectively bankrupt and he and other members of the Cabinet may become liable for it's debts .
  12. The pound is already dropping like a stone because of the lack of a clear Tory lead....
  13. Part of me wants a Labour win. That is the only way that some of the idiots in this country will realise that the coming sh1tstorm is Labour's fault. Ed Balls losing his seat would be a nice little treat though.

BTW, does anyone know a way to watch this on my PC? I have a TV but no signal. I do have a TV licence.