Election Results

#2
Not too bad for Labour. 255 isn't a wipe-out of '83 or '97 proportions. It's going to be an interesting night...
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#3
Bye Bye Gordon...................
 

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
wedge35 said:
Not too bad for Labour. 255 isn't a wipe-out of '83 or '97 proportions. It's going to be an interesting night...
shame.
 
#5
I have to say I am glad to see the sentence "together Labour and the Lib Dems can not have a majority"! That is a huge relief. With any luck a deal with the DUP could see a Conservative minority Government in power tomorrow.
 
#6
GB's not gone yet, certainly not on the exit poll.

Has the LibDem surge just evaporated when it came to cruch time?

I reckon the exit poll has under estimated and they'll do better than that..

Or is that just me praying for Lab to come third in the popular vote?
 
#7
Of course exit polls are nowhere near the accurate forecast they once were, with a large number of votes now conducted by post. I have never answered truthfully in the past when asked as I leave the polling station what way I voted. Its nobody's damn business which way I vote, thats the point of a secret ballot.
 
#8
Poor Gordon, sacked by the nation from a job that was never his!


A minority government? Not sure that is going to be a good thing though!

Still as long as that 'Prudent? (Gold reserve sales anyone?) former chancellor gets his arse kicked right out the door, it has to be cause for celebration!
 
#11
If those results are near correct, I would imagine that Gordon is going to be around for a while yet.
 
#12
Hopefully those results will turn out to be bogus, we dont want a mendacious liar in charge of this country for 5 minutes longer than we have to. If turnout has been high it is usually not good news for Labour, and current indications are a high turnout, so here's hoping and fingers crossed. I have a bottle of champagne to crack if Ed Balls loses his seat.
 
#13
Biscuits_Brown said:
If those results are near correct, I would imagine that Gordon is going to be around for a while yet.
He will try every trick in the book to retain power for Political and Financial reasons .... the Labour Party is effectively bankrupt and he and other members of the Cabinet may become liable for it's debts .
 
#15
bobthedog said:
Hopefully those results will turn out to be bogus, we dont want a mendacious liar in charge of this country for 5 minutes longer than we have to. If turnout has been high it is usually not good news for Labour, and current indications are a high turnout, so here's hoping and fingers crossed. I have a bottle of champagne to crack if Ed Balls loses his seat.
Part of me wants a Labour win. That is the only way that some of the idiots in this country will realise that the coming sh1tstorm is Labour's fault. Ed Balls losing his seat would be a nice little treat though.

BTW, does anyone know a way to watch this on my PC? I have a TV but no signal. I do have a TV licence.
 
#16
Mandy appeared to indicate that he accepted the days of first past the post voting were over.

Which would indicate to me they're prepared to capitulate anything in order to form a coalition.
 
#17
Hello,

the first result,Houghton and Sunderland South goes to the Labour party.


tangosix.
 
#18
Sunderland South Constituency...

Labour retain this seat.....
 
#19
StickyEnd said:
bobthedog said:
Hopefully those results will turn out to be bogus, we dont want a mendacious liar in charge of this country for 5 minutes longer than we have to. If turnout has been high it is usually not good news for Labour, and current indications are a high turnout, so here's hoping and fingers crossed. I have a bottle of champagne to crack if Ed Balls loses his seat.
Part of me wants a Labour win. That is the only way that some of the idiots in this country will realise that the coming sh1tstorm is Labour's fault. Ed Balls losing his seat would be a nice little treat though.

BTW, does anyone know a way to watch this on my PC? I have a TV but no signal. I do have a TV licence.
BBC iPlayer -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_one_london/
 
#20
Hello uncle_vanya,

snap!
An 8.4% swing from Labour to Conservatives in the first result so far.


tangosix.
 

Latest Threads