Election Policies

It's amazing how the BNP keeps popping up in all these political orientated posts. You wouldn't actually realise that they were almost a political non- entity in British politics if you just relied on arrse for your daily dose of news. They would be much more honest when they made those comments if they declared their actual membership of the BNP rather than just keep slipping in continuous little titbits saying BNP this and BNP that!

rgjbloke said:
It's amazing how the BNP keeps popping up in all these political orientated posts. You wouldn't actually realise that they were almost a political non- entity in British politics if you just relied on arrse for your daily dose of news. They would be much more honest when they made those comments if they declared their actual membership of the BNP rather than just keep slipping in continuous little titbits saying BNP this and BNP that!
But I'm not a BNP member, I don't even vote for them :D

As for non-entity-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament_election,_2009_(United_Kingdom)

A quick read of the results says they aren't a non-entity. No matter how much we might prefer them to be.

rgjbloke said:
One little mention in wikipedia and you are the dog's bollox. I don't think so. Get a life.
Who is "you"?
Incase you weren't listening the 1st time around, I am neither a BNP voter or member :)
I just find the whole notion of anyone paying attention to what some website recomends they vote for as quite funny.

* Conservatives 33.33%
* Green Party 44.44%
* Labour 11.11%
* Lib Dems 11.11%

Uhh... I dont know how it calculates those scores but Green I am not, and Tory I will never be.

Ive always voted SNP, because I like yellow.

One of the flaws in that site is that it does not take into account credibility. When deciding who to vote for, one has to consider how likely it is that each party will actually do what it says.

If I've overstepped the mark and painted you wrongly, I owe you an apology, but as a newcomer to arrse, I'm pretty amazed at the amount of exposure that the BNP get on this site either brazenly through what appear to be their supporters posting on here or indirectly, the times the BNP get a plug on here even if it's a bad one.

Mobat said:
One of the flaws in that site is that it does not take into account credibility. When deciding who to vote for, one has to consider how likely it is that each party will actually do what it says.
Not to mention a very small cross-section of each party's policies
Hence I find it bizarre that any of these websites would be considered an aid to choosing which party you will vote for.
The only useful function they might serve is to inspire people to look deeper at the alternatives.

rgjbloke said:
If I've overstepped the mark and painted you wrongly, I owe you an apology, but as a newcomer to arrse, I'm pretty amazed at the amount of exposure that the BNP get on this site either brazenly through what appear to be their supporters posting on here or indirectly, the times the BNP get a plug on here even if it's a bad one.
Fair comment, you don't owe me an apology. It isn't your fault I'm a cnut :D
The only thing I like the BNP for is that they stimulate debate. It is the fear of them that has put immigration firmly on the electoral agenda and those who complain about it can no longer just be dismissed as racist.

Politicians fearing the electorate (or fearing that they may vote for the BNP) can only be a good thing.

jagman said:
Mobat said:
Not to mention a very small cross-section of each party's policies
Hence I find it bizarre that any of these websites would be considered an aid to choosing which party you will vote for.
The only useful function they might serve is to inspire people to look deeper at the alternatives.
Agreed, however, that is a useful function.

I got 55.56% for the party I had already decided to vote for, so I don't think I need to reconsider. However, if another party had been my clear favourite I would have reviewed my reasons and possibly changed my mind.

Niamac said:
This is an interesting website.

http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

Makes you think about the limitation of democracy
You cvnt! You tricked me into having Lib Dem's on my score card!!

I scored:
Lib Dems
22.22%
Conservatives
11.11%
UKIP
44.44%
Green Party
22.22%

Issue Parties policies you chose
Crime Lib Dems
Democracy Lib Dems
Economy Conservatives
Education UKIP
Environment Green Party
Europe UKIP
Health / NHS Green Party
Immigration UKIP
Welfare UKIP

I find this very worrying as I've been supporting the Tory's since 1997 :?

Latest Threads