Election for Speaker of the House

Who will be next Speaker

• Total voters
How in Gods name can two of our ‘Honourable Members’ manage to spoil a binary ballot paper?
Don’t need an answer! :grin:
Is it because they didn't know what they were voting for?

A lot of that about these days.

This is heartwarming news to those of that think the idiot should have been sacked long ago:

Capture.JPG

This is heartwarming news to those of that think the idiot should have been sacked long ago:

View attachment 428155
I give it 6 months when all the fuss dies down before he oozes into the HOL.

View attachment 428155

why should he be ennobled, you only award success, not abject failure. He has dragged the HoC's into total disarray and disrepute, he should be banished from the empire, like napoleon, a small sparsely inhabited island , Sheppey, or grain should do it.

Could it not be one of those low lying ones that are likely to disappear due to global warming?

BlackDyke

War Hero
I give it 6 months when all the fuss dies down before he oozes into the HOL.
Spot on, he will get there one way or another.
Remember, they said much the same about Gorbals Mick and look what happened.
And for those who think he deserves a lesser honour like a knighthood, he doesn't.
He deserves nothing but the opprobrium of history as an example of a bad functionary and an arrogant and unpleasant person.
However, he will get elevated one way or another thus once again confirming my feelings about the absurdity and corruption in the so called honours system.

Spot on, he will get there one way or another.
Remember, they said much the same about Gorbals Mick and look what happened.
And for those who think he deserves a lesser honour like a knighthood, he doesn't.
He deserves nothing but the opprobrium of history as an example of a bad functionary and an arrogant and unpleasant person.
However, he will get elevated one way or another thus once again confirming my feelings about the absurdity and corruption in the so called honours system.
I bet the announcement will include the words ‘integrity’ and ‘impartial’

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

View attachment 428155
I think Guido must be reading Arrse as I noted that some time ago, immediately after the Speaker election and again earlier today.

But good news it is and must be hurting Bercow's ego. I bet he is phoning round his 'mates' in Labour asking - pleading - with them to raise one on return in December!

He won't get a peerage as when introduced to Her Maj, she may ask his missus "Who haven't you shagged this week?" Which could cause amusement in hushed corners of Buck House. Give him an MBE and tell him to "Naff orff." :cool:

ACAB

LE
How in Gods name can two of our ‘Honourable Members’ manage to spoil a binary ballot paper?
Don’t need an answer! :grin:
Alcohol???

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads