Election for Speaker of the House

Who will be next Speaker

• Total voters
Someone else born in 1950! A great year and strong vintage! :)
Well, I'm still upsetting people but sleeping nicely at night.

PS.
Unless the ever young Mrs B&B is away, then not so nicely .

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Back on the subject of the uber creep Bercow, when the new Speaker returned after getting Aunty Betty's blessing he read out the offical notice then called for the adjournment which went Those in favour say Aye, Goodnight. No chance for any No's! The commentator pointed out that traditionally that is the time that a request is made that the departing Speaker be given his peerage. Nobody asked and Hoyle was very quick off the mark to get out of the Chamber!

Lets see how this pans out! Probably be asked tomorrow but would be nice if it was voted down!

Back on the subject of the uber creep Bercow, when the new Speaker returned after getting Aunty Betty's blessing he read out the offical notice then called for the adjournment which went Those in favour say Aye, Goodnight. No chance for any No's! The commentator pointed out that traditionally that is the time that a request is made that the departing Speaker be given his peerage. Nobody asked and Hoyle was very quick off the mark to get out of the Chamber!

Lets see how this pans out! Probably be asked tomorrow but would be nice if it was voted down!
Oh, good stuff.
There is still hope.

Don't give him options!
He does not scare me.
I am just on series two of Foyle's war, intermixed with Dinner Ladies.

“My dad was a Desert Rat, he saved a man's life with a tablespoon.”

Bloody warmongers.

Someone else born in 1950! A great year and strong vintage! :)
Youngsters !!

Eh! . . . . What are you like ?!

(Jan 1949 !! ;) ).

Tyk

LE

I sincerely hope Bercow fails to get a peerage, he's brought the Speaker role into disrepute by his obvious bias.
Hoyle looks to have potential to be a good Speaker, glad he won the election.

War Hero
I sincerely hope Bercow fails to get a peerage, he's brought the Speaker role into disrepute by his obvious bias.
Hoyle looks to have potential to be a good Speaker, glad he won the election.
Bercow will get his peerage but just wait until John Major Turns his toes up... Blair, Brown, Cameron and May and perhaps even Clegg (who I hear you ask) will trample each other to death in the headlong rush to the Lords.

Final Ballot result:
Sir Lindsay Hoyle 325
Chris Bryant 213
Spoilt papers 2
How in Gods name can two of our ‘Honourable Members’ manage to spoil a binary ballot paper?
Don’t need an answer! :grin:

Latest Threads