Electing a Police Commissioner..............

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by top_soldier, Sep 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cosy little old boy's network funded by the taxpayer and fronted by the ACPO or whatever it's called.
  2. Fortunately Mr Paddick, who was promoted well over his capability while in the police, was the unsuccessful Lib Dem candidate at the last mayoral election, and given the LD's current polling performance nationally and locally he is unlikely to be in the position to decide the candidacy for the head of the met police. Additionally most people believe that Orde is not a suitable candidate for the role, so effectively the LD's have shot themselves in both feet.
  3. My money is one barking Boris (with Paddick a close second) - Red Ken is a spent round........
  4. I would go further and suggest that the Rev Dr Ian Paisley and his wife have a better chance of ascending to the Papacy than Mr Paddick has of becoming Mayor.

Ken, tragically, has been possessed by the spirit of Michael "where's me donkey jacket - I'm due at the Cenotaph in five minutes" Foot. Hopefully, Hugo Chavez will succumb to his cancer before the Mayoral election and evidence of cannibalism and human sacrifice will be unearthed in the palace gardens. This will give the Evening Standard an opportunity to print photos like this on the front page:-

I'm not sure if Boris has thrown his hat in the ring yet but it does occur to me that he has been an American citizen since birth and the Presidential elections are next year.

Prospective candidates for the Met's head of corruption have been many, including Jaqui "gizza job" Smith. However, they have been whittled down to a short list based along party lines:-

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. Lembit O**** came last in the Lib Dem nomination for Mayoral candidate.

In response he likened himself to Nelson Mandela.
  6. Probably cos Orde has promised to change the colour of Police uniforms to a nice shade of powder blue or possibly lilac for Paddick's delight :- Former police chief Brian Paddick wins Lib Dem nomination for Mayor of London - PinkNews.co.uk