ELCs - claimable twice for two year courses?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by FindFixStroke, Apr 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. DIN: "ELC funds may be directed at one learning purpose (such as successive years’ study towards a particular qualification) or different purposes in each of the three years."

    Forgive me for being extra dumb, but that does mean that I can claim £1000 for each of the two years of a part time graduate diploma, doesn't it? If that is the case, how does one apply for the second year?

    Many thanks.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

    in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

    Yes you can. As long as the payments are in seperate tax years, all you need do is submit your paperwork again with the new bill.
  3. Perfect, thank you.
  4. But remember to send back your end of course questionnaire for the first claim or your second claim will bounce.

    If you have 8 yrs in the scheme, you can claim up to £2,000 now
  5. the only way that you'd be able to claim twice for the same course is if the course is modular and you claim for some modules in the first year and then the remaining modules in the second year.

    As said above its twice the paperwork.