Elastic on helmet covers

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Waldorfmuppet, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Elastic on helmet covers-

Why do they go loose? and once they go can I tighten them up again?
  2. You need to go to the QMs and sign out a Cover Key (tightning).
  3. msr

msr LE

Put it in a microwave oven, that will tighten them up.
  4. Two sinks, one full of very hot water, one full of very cold water. Put your lid on, then immerse your lid-encapsulated head into hot sink, then cold sink. Repeat.
  5. Sorry mate, you're waaay behind the times.

Just pop the whole thing in the microwave for about five to seven minutes - depends on the wattage.

Just remember to leave the cover on yer helmet otherwise as the cover shrinks a bit you won't be able to fit it back on again.

Hope that helps.

Edit to add - MSR beat me to it. Still two independent advisors so it must be true then.
  6. on a serious note, the elastic on the covers cost £1 per helmet, so in todays market could they not be removed for dessie purposes.
  7. Tried the hot and cold water but the helmet seemed to fill up with water and keep my head under water for quite a while, luckilly had brought a straw with me for just such an eventuallity so was able to keep my head fully submersed for some time.

Face quite burnt now.

So just cut them off we think?
  8. No, try the microwave one first.

Just have a camera ready and post the pics would you?
  9. Wife is using the microwave to dry the cat, will do it as soon as shes finished.
  10. Stupid Doris, cat goes in the tumble dryer.
  11. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.