Ekranoplane

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by Ciggie, Feb 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Came across this thing by accident...quite amazing. Apparently although there is currently only one in existence at the moment, production is to be resumed this year...hopefully with a few design updates.

Ekranoplan – The Inside View | English Russia

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Is it the beast of the black sea?

ill go watch the vid.

3. i love you ciggie xxxxxxx

4. Some American firm at least started to manufacture a small version which they marketed as a sort of flying speedboat with the slogan 'no beach out of reach'. There was a documentary about the Soviet design a few years ago entitled 'The Caspian sea monster'.

5. Virus checker stopped the link saying it is virused

6. Get a new virus checker, it's fine.

7. Cheers it was AVG normally reliable, glad it was just me.

8. I'm always surprised that they haven't used ground effect craft on, say, cross Channel ferry routes.

9. FFS ! 8 turbofans, they'd be in mid- Germany by the time the drivers put down their first glass of antifreeze !

• Like Like x 1
  10. They thought about, it but the EU wreckon the thing would frighten the ducks............

11. Commercial viability, ie the costs incurred in ramming into other people's ships.

12. Apparently the fuel card fills up faster than a Fijian sex offender's register, even the bushy eyebrowed Breshnev era Red Army couldn't afford it!

13. Would of loved to see the KM for real. Wonder if NATO would of shit it if it had gone into production.