Eight soldiers fail drugs test

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Aug 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Prohibition fails again?

3. Good, now they'll be chucked out. Happy days.

4. Didn't the army bring in rehabilitation for arseholes who do drugs? I remember writing a snotty letter to the soldier mag (never printed) when they did an article on how great it was we are keeping pill heads in the army.

5. After a stay in the Pokey I hope.

6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

And the point of this thread? We have CDT in the Army. People get caught. Doesn't mean we have a drug "problem". It actually shows that we haven't got a drug problem. Young people take drugs, we employ a lot of young people, some of them are stupid - but a LOT less than in civvie street. Go figure.

7. quickest way to a discharge!!, i remember years ago when the blocks got raided, it later transpired that the "druggie" had given the tip off so he would get caught and discharged!!!

Makes no sense to me though

8. I have never liked CDT.

First, the cost of the disruption to operations and training vastly exceeds the benefit, if any, of catching low level drug users.

Second, it is inconsistent in that heavy drinking is virtually compulsory, but smoke a little cannabis and you are thrown out.

9. Fair points but stand by for the alternate arguments, this (drugs versus booze) has been done to death :D

There is the possiblity that serving soldiers may be self medicating with illegal drugs post tour. No doubt most is just recreational but you can't discount it

Its all substance abuse, like it or not

10. Problem is that this willl be seized upon by the Knock a Squaddy groups. What we have to stress is that we do look for and catch druggies and get rid. Who can say that about any civvy organisation?

11. This is the problem. If it was a civvy organisation it would never make the news. However because it makes a good headline its abused. The fact is the entire country has a drug problem. Sadly only very few organisations are targetting it properly!

12. Good riddence, they darken the name of good men.

13. "Soldiers fail dope tests"...........should've studied.......