Eight Held in Corruption Probe

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by twothreeuptwothreedown, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody know who the 36 year old member of the armed forces is?

The Press Association: Eight held in corruption probe

a 36-year-old member of the armed forces was also arrested at their home on suspicion of corruption, misconduct in a public office and conspiracy in relation to both.

Naughty!!!!!!!!!!

2. I am sure it will all come out in the wash in due course, but apparently Army officer and his wife, if one can believe Sky News.

3. ####An Officer?.............NO!

I don't believe it!

I thought it might have been a 36 year old Cpl in the QM's stores, supplementing his meagre lot! ^_~

• Like Like x 5
  4. Every stores coproral I knew was wealthy beyond avarice (if not fucking useless stores corporal).

5. Correct........I also know a couple who have been millionaires for a long time & they wern't lottery winners either!

6. Will be an interesting time for the MODS once the Officer's name is released by the Police. How many locked threads and ROPs?

• Like Like x 2
  7. ####From the Sunday Telegraph today;

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    A serving officer with the Armed forces and his wife, who is a Ministry of Defence official, were also arrested at an address in Wiltshire.

It is the first time the Armed Forces have been drawn into the widespread police inquiry launched following phone hacking revelations at The Sun’s now defunct sister title The News of the World.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So it wasn't a Corporal after all????

How shocking!

I wonder if he has an MC & who wrote him up for it?

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Don't be silly! There is no way a Stores Cpl is going to get caught!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I once spoke to Tom Newton Dunne.
    I await the fleet of police cars

10. Ha Ha!.......You're right there A/Y! I should have known better!

11. Its being going on for years - back in the 80s we had a guy shoot a Cpl and then himself on Hythe Ranges and RHQ in Canterbury had got a phone call from the Scum before we had even informed them, so some range warden twat had tipped them off!

They also wrote the line "the Commanding Officer was on the scene within seconds sprinting across the beach". He was obviously bloody Superman then because he was sat with me in Lydd when it happened.

12. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I suspect that once you're on the hook, the newspapers won't let you off.

I can just see some journo telling the officer/his wife in silky tones "it'll be difficult to protect your anonymity if the information doesn't keep flowing".

Wordsmith

13. A quote from Dominic Mohan, the Sun editor. Right at the end of the OP's posted link

"I have a brilliant staff and we have a duty to serve our readers and will continue to do that."

What the fuck would the Sun know about duty?

It should have read. "We have a job to do, and will continue to make money as best we can."

Cunts.

14. Thats business. If newspapers didn't sell & make money, what'd be the point in producing them.

What would you have them do?

15. every storeman i ever encountered would have been known as LEFTY in saudi- thieving bunch of fckers with more form than the train robbers !!

• Like Like x 1