Eight-fold increase in 'Facebook and Twitter crime'

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sunami, Dec 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shouldn't they be out catching murderers? [tchoh!]

2. Mind how you go, or plod will hunt you down and smite you for the heinous crime of disrespect. Then again, probably not as that would entail them dragging their lazy, overpaid, overfed, fat arses out of their cars and offices .

3. You can punch a pensioner to death and get a slap on the wrist, but god forbid you say something naughty on the internets.

4. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

5. X59

X59 On ROPs

Saw a road sign on the outskirts of Edinburgh a few years ago. It had a running tally of the number of 'speeding motorists caught to date'.

Some wag spray painted "Burglars Nil ! " at the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Half the so called "crimes" are unadulterated bollocks.
    Usually perpetrated by people they don't know, when you ask them to unfriend or block the person the answer is "but then I won't have as many friends".

Cue much head banging and cars going round in circles.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  7. You joke... but in fact you'd be right.

Kent were (and still are) responding to these ridiculous calls. I still chant the corporate response in my sleep...

Officer: "Sir/Madam, are you aware of the 'unfriend' and 'block' features of facebook"

IP: "Yes"

Officer: "Then I suggest you utilise them!"

Officer to radio: "AA41 update - NO FUCKING CRIME, over."

CivPol simply don't have the balls to tell these people to fuck off with their ridiculous nonsense. Most of these calls go along the lines of "She called me a slag" and it's always, ALWAYS women!

Oi, you leave them motors alone! Those cars are fantastic kit - the old vRS models were best though... even if the low oil sump meant them being off-roaded every 5 minutes.

8. To answer the OP, don't blame the police, blame parliament for enacting legislation which the police are obliged to investigate alleged breaches of.

As for Skodas, I had an unmarked Octavia turbo when I was a section inspector. Best patrol car I've ever had. Totally reliable, well built and cavernous boot for all the shit required when attending road accidents. They also hold their value when it comes to moving them on, even with 100,000 miles on the clock.

9. They are. Over 90% of them get caught.

10. Fixed FOC etc. etc. (OK, it's the festive season and I CBA posting anything better)