EHRC versus BNP (again)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cessna123, Aug 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trevor Phillips, the chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, who I have always thought of as a fairly decent bloke, went out to go after the BNP prior to the last election on the basis that - "The Commission believes the BNP's constitution and membership criteria are discriminatory and, further, that the continued publication of them on the BNP website is unlawful."

The BNP then had a referendum which agreed to change the membership rules. However, apparently not content with this, the EHRC is still continuing to spend public money on going after the BNP, due to their policies on immigration. This despite several of the trustees of the commission resigning in protest at Phillip's chairmanship.

Although we all know about politicians promises, the BNP’s immigration policy is stated as being:
    *- Deport all the two million plus who are here illegally;
    - Deport all those who commit crimes and whose original nationality was not British;
    - Review all recent grants of residence or citizenship to ensure they are still appropriate;
    - Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently;
    - Stop all new immigration except for exceptional cases;
    - Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain.

While I don't support the BNP, I don't object to anything about the above policy, but I have a serious concern about a publicly funded, supposedly independent quango, attacking a minority political party which is nevertheless, properly constituted, and has democratically elected representatives.
  2. Would this be the same EHRC who declared the publication of their membership lists to be unlawful?

Now I don't see why you aren't a trolling Racist mong if you don't see anything wrong with lines 2, 3, 4 and 5 of that little policy excerpt.

Ah no - I see now, You declare that you don't support the BNP, yet - apropos of nothing you post supporting their fight against a Quango spending public money on attacking a minority political party - or bunch of Racist knuckledraggers as I prefer to call them.

Rod off Cessna. You stink of BNP Mong.
  3. Is it because the school holidays are here, or has someone been putting stupid in the water? Callow and obnoxious political bellends are fighting their silly battles here on a daily basis at the moment.
  4. Callow? I'll have you know I have (some) grey pubes!

Now obnoxious and Bellend - I'll give you.....
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

It's the silly season, and for some reason the BNP think that the military are their natural allies (notwithstanding the fact that 60 years ago we as a Nation fought a war against the very ideas that these bell-ends expouse). All we can do is disabuse them on a daily basis.
  6. I meant him not you
  7. OK, the BNP and their supporters may be all that you say they are.

Does that mean a quango can harass or block a political Party?

Last I heard, that's what elections are for!!!
  8. Cessna123:

"Trevor Phillips, the chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, who I have always thought of as a fairly decent bloke"

Others including myself think the man is a total cnut, ask his former employees what they think of him having caused mass resignations last year.

"Does that mean a quango can harass or block a political Party?"

And why not, by its very nature a Qango is not a government department, if they have been hassling the BNP so much the better, although I find the EHRC an obnoxious waste of time and money and should have been the first organisation on the Condem list of organisations to cease funding.
  9. No, you see its NOT harassment when its the LAW.

I understand that may have engendered some synapses firing, don't worry, thats called thought. If the LAW is wrong then we have to take it to something called Parliament to get it changed.

Fortunately, that nasty little "Party" who you seem so keen on espousing have not got within sniffing distance of it yet. Your nasty little Fuhrer Griffin was laughed out Barking when he tried, come to think of it - that was an election wasn't it?

Back to my original post. Rod off Cessna, you nasty little BNP Troll.
  10. I just think the EHRC has been hijacked, and everyone's taxes are paying for it. It now has the appearance of a political 'stealth' party.

It ain't right, and I feel sure that was why there was such an exodus of support for Williams.
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The EHRC exists to combat discrimination in all of its forms. If they find that the BNP has been discriminatory, and that finding has been stood up by the courts, tough. The BNP is a discriminatory organisation (borne out by their (former) membership policies, and their immigration policies, not to mention their frankly appalling propaganda about blacks/jews/muslims/latest group of incomers).

BTW Cessna what part of "rod off" is it that you don't understand?
  12. Thought I'd check what the BNP's own website actually says. Immigration | British National Party

There is indeed some statements on this page outlining the reasons behind their policies that could be be seen to be offensive. The BNP does indeed have some very unpleasent people amongst it's membership who I would cheerfully pour more petrol on if I saw them on fire.

Given all that. The EHRC has, if this story is true, no legal right or power to force a political party to change any of its policies that DO NOT break the law. They may be offended by those policies but so what?

Given the left wing's appalling record of sucking up to preachers who openly flout the law and encourge others to break the law, I'm not surprised by the alleged action that may or may not be in process by EHRC.
  13. Did the nation really go to war because of Germany's views on race or was it in actual fact more to do with their invasion of Poland? **** all to do with their ideology.
  14. I wouldn't get too excited. The way things are going, both the BNP and the EHRC are going to be a bad memory in the not too distant future.
  15. The present government seems to be set on getting rid of a lot of these quangos and similar organisations funded by the tax payer , perhaps the EHrc is flapping and trying to get some good publicity in case there on the list for closing down ??