eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh...caaaaaalm down...

seat_sniffer2

Old-Salt
I was an adult instructor with Merseyside ACF, we were away on annual camp and stopped at Southwaite services on the way home. We ended up getting kicked off the services as the little bast..... err darlings emptied the shop without paying for it! XD
Obviously one of the skills taught at camp then? Somewhat handy for a future life in the Army though....

Blogg

LE
I can confirm that working on site in Knowsley for some months serves to confirm every single prejudice and preconception non-scousers might have in terms of local sartorial and tonsorial preferences.

Only other place I have seen so much shiny leisurewear was Basildon

I can confirm that working on site in Knowsley for some months serves to confirm every single prejudice and preconception non-scousers might have in terms of local sartorial and tonsorial preferences.

Knowsley isn't Liverpool.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
3rd lesson after never volunteer and never grass, is anything not nailed down... and the 4th lesson, never get caught.

Here endeth today's repriese on the squaddie commandant.

If it is nailed down then you also have free nails.

bentobox

War Hero

'A Liverpudlian bus driver has claimed being told to “calm down, calm down” in the style of Harry Enfield was racist, a tribunal has heard...
James Young, the employment judge, said: “I agree that the alleged comment could mock Mr Ryan as a Liverpudlian but not as an English person.
"I do not consider that simply because that city is based in England that Mr Ryan was being mocked for being English and so mocked on account of his national origin.” '

anyone want to fire up the outrage bus for the mickey mousers??? ;)
So are we going to see protests from plasterers and kebab shop owners next?

Or Basvegas as the night life is called there

dlrg

LE
Still wasn't hard to find you, PERSEC busted again

Agreed:-

1635526319936.png

I speak with a mild Scouse accent, I've lived away from Liverpool for more years than I actually lived there. Growing up, if I pronounced the usual words car, park, shirt, skirt, chicken etc as the rest of my juvenile Scouse compatriots would, my grandma would smack me across the back of the head and educate me as to the correct pronunciation. :D

Conversely I have lived away from my home city for over 2/3rds of my whole life and I speak with a broad Scouse accent, getting proportionally broader to the disapproval rating.

Indeed the so called posher or elitist the surroundings the broader and louder I make it.

I was once told as a Warrant Officer that I would never get an LE commission unless I changed my accent. Oh how I giggled some years later when I reminded the individual of the conversation as I was retiring as a Lt Col.

But the again, my Scouse awesomeness always shines through in the end ^~

dlrg

LE

Latest Threads