Egypt mosque attack: At least 155 killed in Sinai

Egypt mosque attack kills at least 155
Suspected militants have launched a bomb and gun attack on a mosque in Egypt's North Sinai province, killing 155 people, state media report.
Witnesses say the al-Rawda mosque in the town of Bir al-Abed, near al-Arish, was targeted during Friday prayers.
Local police said men in four off-road vehicles opened fire on worshippers, AP reported.

The wilayat Sinai branch of DAESH have been quite effective at killing police, army and civilians.

But more worrying would be the run up to Christmas, where there is ample opportunity to murder Coptic Christians to perpetrate civil strife. The list of enemies to DAESH is quite simple, anyone but themselves.

Alarming times in the very near future, I fear.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
When I went there the hotel next door had been bombed, it's a hole, always has been, they can't top killing people, they should ask Trump to build them a wall and keep the all in until they've killed all.

I think it's far too early to speculate on likely motives. We must be mindful of not provoking a backlash against certain close-knit, peaceful communities of beard enthusiasts.

I think it's far too early to speculate on likely motives. We must be mindful of not provoking a backlash against certain close-knit, peaceful communities of beard enthusiasts.

I knew those hipsters up to no good again

Has nobody mentioned Egypt's gun laws yet? I thought that was the only reasonable solution to shootings in places of worship...

Ina elayhi w ina lilayhi rajioun.

Last edited:
I'm off to Egypt for a weeks peace & quiet in a couple of weeks............

Take some body armour and ear defenders...you'll be OK.

What could go wrong?

I'd sooner got to north Sinai than bloody croydon!!
True story. Way back in 1969, the deep thinking ones sent me to help build the Whitgift centre in Croydon, as a young apprentice, I had never been south of the water before, and even at that naive age, we could see that we were constructing a future disaster, today its all we thought it would be, a total monumental 24 carat with bells and whistles shit hole, inhabited by lifeforms that escaped from the cast of "The league of Gentleman" now regarded as a prime location for recruiting contestants for the Jeremy Kyle show.... " Come friendly bombs on Croydon now, it isn't fit for man or cow"

According to this from the independent "While no claim of responsibility has yet been made, Egypt has been fighting several extremist groups in the Sinai since 2014, including an Isis-affiliated insurgency. Extremism there has flourished in the chaos that has engulfed the country since the 2011 revolution.

Friday's incident comes after a September attack on a police convoy near the town, which killed 18 people. It was claimed by the Sinai Group, which pledged allegiance to Isis in 2014. "

Latest Threads