Eggstraordinary pricing

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mikal, Feb 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like Cadbury creme eggs -but even I struggled over the best price for a while in Tesco today.

Single egg - 60p

3 eggs in a box - £1 (33p each)

6 eggs in a box - £2.95 (49p each)

12 eggs in a box - £3.50 (29p each)

then by the till...

3 x 6 eggs in a box £5.00 (27p each) - not advertised by the main shelves.

I'm not good enough for the decimals but the above averages in brackets should be close enough.

My brain hurts.
  2. WHSmiths in Hastings this morning - £1 for a box of six!
    I don't like them,but my dog and the milf next door like them.
  3. The singles are 50p in my local shop
  4. The only flaw with this system is that you end up having to eat Cadbury creme eggs.

That is Cadburys' "chocolate" that only missed being classified as tile grout by the smallest of margins.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. You could always give them out as Xmas presents.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

If you got a job and amounted to something in life you would not have to scrat round worrying about pennies. Deadbeat.

The Cadbury's Creme Egg game.

You will require...

some leery mates who you hate.

Half a dozen deep frozen Cadbury's Creme Eggs

One normal Cadbury's Creme egg.

You shout "I bet none of you can do this" and chuck the normal Cadbury's Creme egg in the air and catch it in your gob.

Cue your mates giving it "Yeah, go on then".

You chuck the deep frozen Cadbury's Creme eggs in the air and watch as their broken teeth hit the tarmac.

Fun for all the family.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Yup and everything else supermarkets sell are the same. When shopping in general I look at the price per kg or litre or unit cost. Pre-packed salad per kg is more expensive than fillet steak.
  8. TheIronDuke

Ah. The Sport of Kings. Feeding handfuls of chocolate to Labs tied up outside a shop / pub. In the sure and certain knowledge they will skitter all over their owners carpets and cheap Ikea furniture.
  9. I think that's what you meant.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tesco pricing is mad. Several times I have noticed multiples cheaper than single items.

And yes Cadburys is cack. We were given two 600g boxes from reps at Christmas. Opened one for guests and the wife. Noticed a few weeks ago only four had gone whilst after eights ferro concrete's etc vanished right away. Tried one. Vile thing tasted like toilet duck so sent both boxes back. Still waiting for voucher ,apology or preferably money.
    By the way noticed they were made "under licence" in Europe. That would be Romanian tractor,polyfilla and chocolate factory number 9 then.
  11. Is this the same Cadburys who when bought by some US firm said they would not be moving production anywhere, then before the ink dried on the contract they were hoofing people out of their jobs and sending everything to eastern europe?
  12. TheIronDuke

You people do your own shopping? Wow. Imagine that.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. @ vamp - Aye the very same.
  14. I thought they tasted different! Now I know why they taste like yank shite.
  15. The UK is, and has been plundered since the Thatcher years. The efforts of generations of British people, whether they be workers of mind or hand are being stolen and frittered away to allow the owners of banks to keep themselves in their unearned luxury.