EGG BANJOS..it's official

I think you will find that's either OEP220 (axle oil) or XG279 (grease on brake linkages) on an Antar.

Call yourself an A tradesman?

Ker ryste... I'm trying to remember my name at this point not Antar axle grease numbers :)

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Shoot me down if you like, but why do they call them Egg Banjos?
I was informed at one time that to eat one you had to lean forward to avoid egg on your boots and kit, 'the stance of a banjo player' then when you got runny egg on yer fingers, you shake it off like a man strumming the banjo. Any other takers for the reason? I was also told that the name originated during the Malaya Campaign.

I think you will find that's either OEP220 (axle oil) or XG279 (grease on brake linkages) on an Antar.

Call yourself an A tradesman?
OX18 with a hint of Trichloroethylene
Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 21.09.01.png

I was informed at one time that to eat one you had to lean forward to avoid egg on your boots and kit, 'the stance of a banjo player' then when you got runny egg on yer fingers, you shake it off like a man strumming the banjo. Any other takers for the reason? I was also told that the name originated during the Malaya Campaign.
This is a 'wah', right?

Or spend an hour trying in vain to fry half an apricot in syrup that someone had left in a glass in the fridge.
Fat Freddy walt

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
This is a 'wah', right?
Either that or he hasn't read the whole thread, especially post 3!

ugly

LE

ugly

LE
Misspent your youth too then?
Freak brothers comics from virgin and mega store. I have a fat Freddies cat tattoo somewhere discreet. I wasnt sure the army was ready for it in 1985

Ref: Egg Banjos on Banner
Make your own between 0001 and 0500hrs and save the crusts for Dirty Harry. To avoid sump oil on the bread, don't pat the dog until you've both finished eating. Happy days.

Is this a proof of intelligent life before the truckies were taken over by the RAOC?
Ooh - controversial!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Struggling to see the attraction...
1EF45057-33BE-42DE-8979-6AC35047A246.jpeg

But really, a light coating of XG 284 (following 3 Scout head lubes, under cam nets, with a right angle torch in your teeth) was a Cold War favourite...

Struggling to see the attraction... View attachment 346677

But really, a light coating of XG 284 (following 3 Scout head lubes, under cam nets, with a right angle torch in your teeth) was a Cold War favourite...
Why were you lubing scouts heads; or is it best not to ask?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk