EGG BANJOS..it's official

Tsk tsk. Not even a bit o' streaky bacon to give it body?

Tsk tsk. Not even a bit o' streaky bacon to give it body?
No, no, no, no ,no!!!!! - it devalues the whole thing!! You'll be talking about salad next. As stated above the only acceptable additives are margarine spread on the bread and oil in the form of thumb prints on the external surfaces of the bread; although cam cream is an acceptable alternative. I did see OMD75 mentioned above but OMD80 is just as good.

To savour the full effect, it has to be served out of the back of the most gopping 4 tonner in the fleet, on SPTA at Oh Christ Almighty and with rain dripping down your back.
Brings it all back, although mine were mostly rattled up inside a 9x9*, on one of these beasts!
7FC314A6-2A6C-436F-AA28-33F8212C362D.jpeg

Royal Signals equivalent of a trench or basher! :-D

Oh good. Another Egg Banjo thread. This one even features that fat tongued mockney w****r (J***e O****r) in the video. Hoorah.

Last edited:
No, no, no, no ,no!!!!! - it devalues the whole thing!! You'll be talking about salad next. As stated above the only acceptable additives are margarine spread on the bread and oil in the form of thumb prints on the external surfaces of the bread; although cam cream is an acceptable alternative. I did see OMD75 mentioned above but OMD80 is just as good.
Nah...nothing beats fingerprints of Antar axle grease eaten liberally 'coz u jus don't have the time to wash em when the bratty wagon rocks up'.

Egg Banjos? Mmmm - brings back unhappy memories of a curious batch of extremely fishy-tasting eggs whilst serving with Third Division North (SM3 at Faslane).
Turned out that our victualler had procured (at 'special price' ) said eggs from a producer in Norn Ire whose habit had been to to fatten his flocks with scraps from the adjacent fish farm.
Official complaints resulted in Endex of Contract for that particular purveyor of putridly polluted poultry.

Dash of mayo and a splash of Tabasco to give it a veneer of civilization. Excellent addition to bacon sarmies as well.

Cue the baying mob of purists...
How very dare you sully the food of the Gods (and Riflemen)....Even ketchup with a soupcon of pepper is to be considered a tad too radical in certain company.....I'm truly shocked

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Perhaps he is the punishment?
“They can lead to corruption, or to eternal life. “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. ... More will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.“ Galatians 6:7-8.”

“They can lead to corruption, or to eternal life. “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. ... More will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.“ Galatians 6:7-8.”
You’ve got to love the Galatians...I’m sure we’ve got some of them in our street. Of course, come Brexit, they’ll all be sent home to Galatvilleland.

ugly

LE
Fixed free of charge for complete accuracy.
Baked who knows when, frozen in the middle and the day on the wrapper was possibly three days away!

Nah...nothing beats fingerprints of Antar axle grease eaten liberally 'coz u jus don't have the time to wash em when the bratty wagon rocks up'.
I think you will find that's either OEP220 (axle oil) or XG279 (grease on brake linkages) on an Antar.

Call yourself an A tradesman?

An egg-banjo accompanied with black plastic mug full of builders tea and finish with at least 3cigarettes whilst talking shite with your oppos, life couldn't be improved.