Egg banjo etiquette and coffee too

This morning I was offered an EB , the wholemeal bread was fresh and the yoke solid. My hosts were under the impression I would appreciate such a delicacy after kirk.

I pointed out the egg banjo is ; made from white bread of indeterminate age , just pre mould stage coated with a margarine type spread the egg itself should have the white firmed but the yoke runny to achieve the banjo part of the snack.

“but wont the yoke run down ones uniform? “ asked mine host . I tried to demonstrate.

And so to the coffee , a fine roast, ohh and that aroma, so why oh why oh why do they put whitener powder ( dried glucose syrup ) and a sweetener in it ?
What is wrong with unrefined cane sugar and some cream ? (a nip of scotch would have been better)

Damm heathens

WW

Why were you drinking coffee with a banjo?

Surely tea is the approved beverage to accompany a banjo, no matter what standard of the bread and consistency of yolk.

mad_collie said:
Why were you drinking coffee with a banjo?

Surely tea is the approved beverage to accompany a banjo, no matter what standard of the bread and consistency of yolk.
Having been brewed in the Water Bottle cup you will surely drink it from

WW you are sending mixed messages in your post, are you are coffee bore or a banjo man, I believe they are entirley incompatible

Having only this very morning sat across the breakfast table from someone who put an entire breakfast in a sandwich (white bread, plastic, fresh from the bag)....surely this cannot be deemed an 'egg banjo'...I believe my companions description of said assembly of fried foodstuff as an EB to be totally erroneous!?

Call me a purist...but I stand my ground on this one!

p.s. He is Infantry, is there a by-law that allows such flagrant abuse of 'banjo' law?

:twisted: egg must be badly cooked* on dirty frying pan type device with filthy hands (which owner believes clean) using bread not normally consumed in family household ie somewhat stale-ish

the tea/ coffee debate is down to preference or whats been made in the mug

rain/miserable weather optional ...........

* for RLC cook types this means normal standards apply :twisted:

whatnow? said:
:twisted: egg must be badly cooked* on dirty frying pan type device with filthy hands (which owner believes clean) using bread not normally consumed in family household ie somewhat stale-ish

the tea/ coffee debate is down to preference or whats been made in the mug

rain/miserable weather optional ...........

* for RLC cook types this means normal standards apply :twisted:
Ah memories of firing camp on Honhe ranges in January!

All is clear when I reveal mine host is a ............... civvie

WW

Ps ,being a gentleman I would have prefered swarfega covered hands to add flavor ( I would prefer to just to have hands at the very least )

Surely tea or coffee is irrelevant if one has a bottle of ale handy, or good boxhead beer.

Though if not forthcoming, good tea.

WJP. Baileys? You must be a Corpsman.

Dwarf said:
Surely tea or coffee is irrelevant if one has a bottle of ale handy, or good boxhead beer.

Though if not forthcoming, good tea.

WJP. Baileys? You must be a Corpsman.
Why that I'am, for it was all very civilised on my 434 or 512.

Or were you thinking of another corps other than the one that the man upstairs favours :twisted:

Niether coffe or tea is accetable. A good EB needs to be washed down with a metel mug of cofftea, idealy from a Norgy that hasn't been cleaned properly and so still tastes of range stew.

C-t-H, the whole breakfast in a bun is an EB delux, and your just upset that you didn't think of it first.

bobath_lost_his_account said:
C-t-H, the whole breakfast in a bun is an EB delux, and your just upset that you didn't think of it first.
My apologies for doubting the gastronomic delights of the breakfast sandwich, us medics are obviously more refined!

....although for someone who hasn't apparently had sex in 6 months I doubt your sanity at present Sir!...that would have made more sense had you not just changed your signature block!

why the big pause?

Wee_Jock_Poopong said:
It also has to be eaten with hands covered in 90/220/279 and if the beverage is coffee it must have a large drop of bailieys in it!
What is it with that? Even if they have washed their hands it just shows up the interesting number of skin diseases they have. What happens to people when they become slop-jockies? Is the course run at the germ warfair part of Porton Down or something? I'd rather have the danm thin come with 220 then leprasy.

As for C-t-H, learn your Scrubs quotes women.

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
We have opened a right can of worms here. Because, I have a question.....

Is it acceptable to have regional variations on the EB?

For example: When in BATUS, is a smokey BBQ sauce acceptable? What about in Germany, curryketchup anyone?

I am firmly on the belief the correct base ingredients, call them the Holy Trinity if you may, are:

1. Slightly stale white bread (2 slices)
2. Tinned margarine from a compo pack.
3. One fired egg cooked in said margarine on a No.5 Cookset.

The white must be slightly crispy on the ends and the yolk explosively runny.

Sauces of choice, I believe are acceptable in regional variation, but use of any napkin, paper towel or other protective utensil is completely off-limits. It is encouraged that the hand that crafts these culinary masterpieces must have at least cam cream or some form of vehicle oil / lubricant (OMD90, XG276 et al) on it. The thumb and forefinger, at least, should leave a finger print record on the EB for evidential purposes later if it is not up to standard.

It is also ubiquitous that all within visual and audible range of anyone having a yolk explosion on themslves must do the actions and sounds of playing the egg banjo.

Ventress

LE
I always thought the weather was one of the defining memories of a EB, rain and smell of damp scrim nets which caught every button and clip on your body!

Had to chuckle at the norgy reference, the post taste sip of Cofftea was always range stew or lemon screech!

Are yes, I did once spend a freezing day in the butts and the cofftea had large chunks of onion in it from the curry we had yesterday in the same container. Food handeling course my arrse.
Surly it doesn't matter what you add as long as the yoke explodes. So one egg, four slices of bacon, two hash browns and some black puddin'still makes an EB as long as you have yellow sticky stuff all down you front after bite number two.

Patient "I'm sick of all this constent sexual innuendo."
The Todd "In-your-endo."

thegimp said:
WW you are sending mixed messages in your post, are you are coffee bore or a banjo man, I believe they are entirley incompatible
Let's deconstruct this. Firstly the role of coffee bore and banjo-man are not incompatible. However there is a time and a place for each. Normally you would not know if a banjo-man were a coffee bore because of course, he would be drinking something from the rat pack with his beloved, runny yolked banjo.

However off-exercise/ops, banjo man could be drinking mocha-vanilla-smegma latte with an extra shot until the cows came home.

As for the rat pack beverage of choice, well it should be exactly that; "of choice" that is until the things you like are all gone and it is a hard decision between orange screech or pea soup!