Egg and Spoon Racing?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by squirt, Nov 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a problem here...

I really want to get into a sport, but the only ones recognised around here are football, rugby, volleyball, boxing a couple of months a year and athletics every now and then. None of these really appeal to me, so I'm looking for some sports that I could seek out, or maybe even start, that will keep my fitness up and look good on my CR too...

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers all! :D

2. Dwarf Tossing? :wink:

3. Medic Shagging :wink: :wink:

And the Sun will pay on performance

4. Don't know your exact location but if you are a serving member then try JSSC Gosport (Sailing), canoing, rockclimbing etc. you could also checkout the skydiving facilities in you area.

while I was in adventure training/sports were readily available. I don't know what the state of play is now.

Johno

5. sea angling's a good 'un , you don't need a rod license , and no one can ever proove you've been , when i was at chatham , you could regularly find all the sea anglers in "the cannon" every wednesday. :D

6. Kung Fu (Wing Chun) not only will u be fit, but u could also be the next Bruce Lee :wink:

7. Of course! I've always been into martial arts actually, so it might be cool if I could organise an instructor and a club... Not entirely sure how many people would be interested though. I guess there's only one way to find out.

Cheers for ya help! :D

8. I expect there will be more people interested than what you think, let me know how you get on, I may even join myself!! can never get enough Wing Chun training :)

9. Orienteering?

10. What I used to do was find something I could do that would attract officers' wives and start a club or run a class. The number of bosses wives who can take very good photographs of their offspring is amazing.

Reports would come back about that nice Mr W**d just in time for CR