Effendi builds a Howse

The last job I have left is the exterior roughcasting - Chap today suggested a date next May as the earliest he could do it :-o :-(

Can't you get a machine and do it yerself? If it were me I'd set up a couple of sheets of 8x4, have a practice and then go for it.

giatttt

War Hero
The floor sits at a pretty even 20 degrees, which is very pleasant as it is currently 13 degrees outside. The fire went out 15 hours ago and the heating has not been on today at all.

100mm PIR seems to let the concrete and stone floor act as an effective heat bank.

Attachments

• IMG_20211118_135431_739.jpg
    IMG_20211118_135431_739.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 8
Kent, my digger bloke told me the county are looking at where the main actually runs with a view to moving it.

Drilling through the pipe was not the builders fault as he was working to the maps provided by the county, and had submitted his lot plan with house location to the county for their approval.

Imagine this drilling through one of those big blue plastic water pipes:

iu
1990's, Croydon. Redevelopment of ? Allders? department store. I was doing some related survey stuff when they were piling.
They managed to drill through the mains AND tip three trucks of concrete down it before they realised.
Ooopsy.

1990's, Croydon. Redevelopment of ? Allders? department store. I was doing some related survey stuff when they were piling.
They managed to drill through the mains AND tip three trucks of concrete down it before they realised.
Ooopsy.

I went along this morning to see my plant operator bloke and bumped into the site developer.

It turns out that when the surveyors ....... errrr surveyed, they cocked up the survey at the far end where the bloke was having his drilling for piers done. Apparently they were out by 20 feet???? Seriously??? Anyway, the builder was putting his house up where the plan showed it could go and as the plan was inaccurate the location was out, and his blokes drilled into the pipe.

So the surveyor is liable.

Ok, a couple of piccies:

The geo-technical drilling to get core samples to send off and find out the soil structure which will determine the type of foundation.

DSCN0054.jpg

Before things started:

DSCN0064.jpg

After me and the lad put up the erosion barrier.......They charge $5 a linear foot for this and we need 300 ft, so it was a DIY job; minus the cost of barrier for 3 hours work it was $1200 saved.

DSCN0066.jpg

My bloke Kent is delivering dirt and bulldozering to level the lot. Approx 900 cubic yards of dirt to be moved in and then levelled.

DSCN0067.jpg

giatttt

War Hero
Wifey wanted to make music with her iPhone and not have speakers sticking out of the walls. Went with Yamaha MusicCast and electrovoice ceiling speakers coupled to an existing subwoofer.

It’s way better than expected, but now suffering as I rejoice in turning everything to 11.

Top tip, anything relying on Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is shit. No, really shit.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Wifey wanted to make music with her iPhone and not have speakers sticking out of the walls. Went with Yamaha MusicCast and electrovoice ceiling speakers coupled to an existing subwoofer.

It’s way better than expected, but now suffering as I rejoice in turning everything to 11.

Have you lost a thread?

Which is why during the chat with the electrical company on Tueday I told them I want hard wired internet points throughout.

Had ceiling speakers in a place we bought, but to be honest never used them. Its the same with swimming pools here, no one uses them; everyone thinks they want one because it gets so hot in the summer. The reality is that with temperatures of 90F to 100F for nearly 4 months the pool water gets up to the high 70's and instead of a cool refreshing dip it is like jumping into a hot bath. Then when you get out the humidity hits and there is no pleasure in it at all. I kept tabs on all the neighbours with pools last summer and most of them used their pools 2, or 3 times that I counted. Summer in Texarrse is like winter everywhere else, just that unlike cold it is the excessive heat and humidty that keeps you indoors.

Last edited:

Latest Threads