Effects Of Artillery Fire (MOD Movie 1979)

Fantastic Hollywood should take some tips from it, I could almost smell the cordite and still twitched slightly to the words "fire mission bty over"

Lmao, thanks for that mate, even though i was on the Op for the film it's the first time i have ever seen the whole thing, it brought a lot of good memories back.. :D

Excellent! I've had my ration of Charlie Gs, puttees, SLRs & Mk.III skid lids in one hit......liked the cas sim on the "dead" Russian with the rubber eye.....would make any FAI proud. Got any more like this? :)

That was quality, brought back loads of memories..... "DF" ing on Zabels and Winklers, digging in on the Red areas etc........

Bl00dy Hell that brought back memories! I feel strangely aroused :twisted:

Cool as cucumber FOO - " Fire Mision - FPF".
:tp:

Yep, FPF was always rumoured to be a short cut to an MC - if you survived!

Does anyone remmember that classic of the genre on Reserve Demolitions? Some spetznaz forgman gets an SLR bayonet in CQ hand-to-hand. I think a VW beetle gets hoyed off the bridge too...I have to say I remembered the form for RBD though, which was lucky because it was part of a TEWT on my Lt to Capt...

Couldn't resist watching it all the way through...nice to see the M107s! Did anyone else notice the OPA adding description of target, after the FOO gave the warning order elements? Quality!

chimera

LE
What was more scary - amongst the nostalgia of seeing the Charley G, and SLRs and GPMGs with wooden butts, were the CVR(T) and 432s..... that we are still using!

Cuddles said:
Couldn't resist watching it all the way through...nice to see the M107s! Did anyone else notice the OPA adding description of target, after the FOO gave the warning order elements? Quality!
What is even scarier is what the Septics did with the 175mm WP rounds - they emptied them and turned them into Phosphoric Acid - and sold it to Coca Cola :D

Fecking Smart Arrse Bombardiers as well 8)

Cuddles said:
Lol, that's true mate a lot of time we would add gems at the end of mission reports such as "enemy destroyed, good shooting" etc etc depending on how "warrie" the FOO was feeling that day..

Worth the wait for the tracking to settle down.

What's really scary is what would happen if we had to do it now....

I suppose that's what MLRS is for. Oh, hang on a minute... :roll:

Remember seeing that one when I was Inf, long time ago now.

Caught C4 report from the Stan last Night witha GMLRS stike on a compound, looked quite spectacular. :D

rickshaw-major said:
Cuddles said:
What is even scarier is what the Septics did with the 175mm WP rounds - they emptied them and turned them into Phosphoric Acid - and sold it to Coca Cola :D

Fecking Smart Arrse Bombardiers as well 8)
Let's face it, any group of people whose stock response is "If I was a bomb I'd have a fuse up my arrse...sir" are going to be typically smart arsed!