Effect of UKIP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Countryman, May 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From here

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ukip halved the tory majority in eastbourne and could have cost him the seat, the 1200 or so that voted for him have made their point, perhaps 1200 more would let the porridge wogs mate in and that would be a disaster. Obviously not enough UKIP appeal to the Looney democrats. Pity!
    We were only visited once by a canvasser and he was the local council tory whilst I wasnt there so I was unable to ask him/her about why they are such a bunch of C%NTS

3. I thought to myself last night how much damage was UKIP doing to the Tories. However, you must also consider how many people who voted Tory would not if they had been riding on a firm EU-no ticket.

4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Kingston-Upon Thames went Lib Dem in 1997 purely due to tactical voting, and they've never won it back. Of course, Tory HQ denied it afterwards, butI'm sad to say that my vote helped them lose it!

5. And the LibDem MP in place is a fine individual. :D

Mich better than that tool Lamont.

6. Possibly may have gone the other way, if they'd been more anti-EU then they might have picked up more votes, even if it was only the UKIP ones.