Edward Snowden

Bit of thread necromancy, but to keep it tidy.

It seems Mr Snowden has gone into the app business, and released a "privacy app"
View attachment 317367

View attachment 317368
Others are slightly less effusive.

Snowden's new app protects you from kidnappers. Or maids.

Not unsurprisingly, it gets great write up on RT....

Snowden’s Haven app turns smartphone into anti-spy sentinel (VIDEO)

can't think why.

Forgive me for thinking that my phone must be back-door'd up to the hilt already between US firms, Huawei and whatever desginer KGBware has just been released.

Time to go back to using Speckled Jim the Carrier Pigeon I think.

Somehow I don't think that using an app from someone who has been known to play fast and loose with confidential information would be a wise thing to do.

BarcelonaAnalPark

LE
Book Reviewer
My Russian handler told me to install it.

"Nothink to worry about comrade"

Did I read that anyone using Kaspersky anti virus software was an unwitting early adopter of a KGB listening device?
They can look at my browsing habits as much as they like.
What's the Russian for 'Eww!’?

Last edited:
Did I read that anyone using Kaspersky anti virus software was an unwitting early adopter of a KGB listening device?

That is what the US is alleging.

Kaspersky himself is a graduate of the KGB technical school. But then, I guess anyone really talented in the 1980s would have been snapped up by the Russian state.

The Americans allege Russian state involvement in the Kaspersky lab. The Russians allege that it is a US attempt to damage a commercial rival.

Report: FBI Urges Firms to Ditch Kaspersky Lab - Geek.com

You pays your dollar/roubles, you takes your choice I suppose.

Yokel

LE
There must have been lots of countries Snowdon could have run to and claimed asylum - but he chose Russia. This was after relations between Russia and the West had started to deteriorate rapidly.

Does the Putin regime reward him financially?

There must have been lots of countries Snowdon could have run to and claimed asylum - but he chose Russia. This was after relations between Russia and the West had started to deteriorate rapidly.

Needed to be somewhere that wasn't going to extradite him

I can see him being handed over to the septics at some point in the future. Part of a larger deal. I wouldn't be looking at buying any dacha's or anything, if I were he.

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
I can see him being handed over to the septics at some point in the future. Part of a larger deal. I wouldn't be looking at buying any dacha's or anything, if I were he.
Don't think so,

In October 2020, after Snowden applied to renew his temporary permit, Russia granted him unlimited permanent residency. In November 2020, Snowden announced that he and his wife were applying for Russian citizenship,

However, umbrellas are still in fashion!

Last edited:

Latest Threads