Educational requirments for officer selection

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by DJP, Jun 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DJP

DJP

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I am just wondering if anybody could give some advice.

I am looking to apply to become an officer in the Army but I am bit concerned about the required ALIS points.

Unfortunately I do not have the required 7 C or above GCSE's I do however have a C or above in Maths, English and Science as well as the required 180UCAS points and a degree.

Is there any hope for me in becoming an officer or are they very strict on the 35 ALIS points?

Thanks

2. I am pretty sure that, as long as you have the Maths, English & Science basics (which you do) then the UCAS points from A Level and degree "trump" the requirement for ALIS points. A quick telephone call to your Army Careers Advisor (Officers) will confirm this in a few minutes - details can be found online, in the 'phone book or by ringing your local AFCO. Your A Level and degree subjects may slightly reduce you future choice of capbadge, if not in theory then perhaps in practice.