Educational qualifications

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by huggybear, Nov 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. thinking of joining the t.a and it says you have to take your educational qualifications, i can't find mine is there anyway my old school can make coppies or any other way i can get them. thanks :)
  2. You need to contact the examination board that ran your exams, you old school should be able to help.
  3. walkyrie

    walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

    See this thread -

    You'll need to speak to the exam board but I should hope your school can point you in the right direction. There is a cost invovled though, and its worth speaking your recruiter to see whether you are required to provide the certificates and if its actually worth paying for them.

    Edited to Add - Beaten to it! Dammit I'm too slow on the search.....
  4. Thanks for the replies, i'll give my old school a ring later see uf they can do anything or tell me which board ran them.

    also when i do i'm going to apply to be a driver for the RLC or maybe infantry. both say no qualifications requiered but i'm guessing it's best to take them anyway.

    thanks again.
  5. What level of qualifications? I don't think they ever asked to see mine (they're that low)
  6. my gcse's were the last i done. from what i remember i think c in maths was the best i done.
  7. And an F in English Language? If you're joining as a private soldier in an unskilled trade i doubt you will be required to show proof of exam results.

    Edited to add:

    Worth checking whether or not they are required because they may well cost you in excess of £20 per certificate.
  8. I was never asked for them, turn up and tell them you don't have them, they'll most probably tell you not to worry.
  9. Was never asked for them either
  10. not sure, that might of been c aswell. and will ask that then, thanks :)
  11. ?