Education in the Army

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ParaTrooper123, Jan 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would I be able to study A levels of my choice whilst in the army and after that a degree?

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

You can do what ever you bloody well want. What you choose to do in your spare time is your own business.

How much spare time you will have and whether you have the motivation to educate yourself in that time, is the real question.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

A lot of lads I served with done Open Uni degrees paid for by the RAF.(I was RAF...)

4. No they didn't, the did Open Uni degrees.

5. Did the?

Surely you mean they?

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Reet c*ntlugs! On the next weekend at B/K,your gonna have to comfort Jenny B***!!!

7. Lots of course available from basic spelling, reading and numbers to city and guilds and higher.

The access suites are there just find what you want to do and crack on.
    Support from your platoon commander is helpful.

8. PT123 - Get in first, and get through Catterick, P Coy, jumps and onto your Battalion, then ask again.

There's plenty of opportunity out there, and money to go with it too, but the soldiering comes first. Be prepared to listen to Pl and external education staff, and maybe do each A Level one at a time.

Sadly we don't pay for, or reward, tertiary or higher education as much as the Septics. What we do have is bloody good soldiers though...

9. When you sign up, there's a mountain of paperwork but, for those with training plans, remember that a little bit of cash is available for exam fees etc through your annual Standard Learning Credit. Much more is avaiable for higher level, more costly training, through Enhanced Learning Credits, make sure you sign up for these because they are payable up to 10 years after you leave the service.

10. I'm sure that would be a nice job for him :wink: