EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by johnboyzzz, Sep 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another great idea that worked................not

Pupils receiving help 'do worse'

Pupils who receive help from teaching assistants make less progress than classmates of similar ability, a government-funded study suggests.

more here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8236705.stm

2. In my experience the teching assistant ends up doing all the work for them.

3. There is a basic problem with New Libours policy on education.

They refuse to accept that some kids really are just thick mongs and no amount of help or money can change that.

4. And of course ALL kids are capable of going to Uni.

5. Hmmm…Just did a HNC at the local College of Knowledge.

Of the 17 people who started the course, only 11 did the 2nd year, 7 finished the course and only 6 of them passed.

6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Well, that are... now. I mean, a BA in Surfing or an MEng in Dribbling is hardly taxing, is it? (No pun intended).

I was speaking to my kid sister about GCSEs and A-Levels the other day, when she mentioned her mate doing science. "Did she do all three?", asks me. "She did four." "Physics, Chemistry and Biology... what's the other?" "Well she didn't do Biology because it's too hard. She did Sociology and Psychology though."

I thought the whole thing about "the 'ologies" was just a p*sstake. I didn't think I'd actually have to explain it to someone sharing a significant portion of my DNA.