Education Assessment

Hello all,

Am currently looking into the process from Soldier to Officer.

I don't have the required GCSE's and will need to sit the educational assessment, would anybody have experience of going down this route and/or has sat the assessment and can tell me what it entails?

Thanks!

If I may make an observation here: Yes there are plenty of bright people out there who, for one reason, or another did not get GCSE's when they were at school. A mate of mine even picked up a commission after drastically failing his GCE's, as were, back in the day. He had passed RCB prior to failing his GCE's so he was sent off to Beaconsfield to be remediated and then afterwards sent off to Sandhurst once the required level had been reached. He made a damn fine officer.

However, in these days of everyone and his dog having a degree do you think it is wise to be the one who did not even get GCSE's? You write a decent post so you are obviously not dim so why not do what we did back in the day and pop along to evening classes for the nine months it takes to get GCSE's...........even quicker online.

Just food for thought.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
Hello all,

Am currently looking into the process from Soldier to Officer.

I don't have the required GCSE's and will need to sit the educational assessment, would anybody have experience of going down this route and/or has sat the assessment and can tell me what it entails?

Thanks!
The assessments are at Level 2 (GCSE). You need to have Functional Skills L2 in numeracy and literacy before you go. There is reading, writing and comprehension, plus a numeracy paper.

Halloumikid

Latest Threads