Education and Training in the Officer Corps

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by The Irishman, Aug 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I hope I catch you well at the moment and thanks for linking in. I am currently wrapped up in researching a PhD. I am studying the level of training and education within the military and whether poor investment into education is having a detrimental effect on the cognitive adaptability of the Officer Corps. Given the state of the COE, this is a critical element of the military's ability to perform at a multi-level situation, in a multi-agency congested environment.

Your help would be greatly appreciated and I promise it will only take 5 minutes online. The link is:

I do hope you will take the time to conduct this research and please may I be so bold as to request that you also invite others you know to complete it. I thank you in advance for your time. If you are looking at other options have you considered Network Rail, they have an actual site for service leavers.

Kind regards,

The Irishman
  2. Can I make a suggestion? you need a section for the date that an officer completed Sandhurst and a date they left the Army as I could fill this survey in but I would be nearly thirty years out of date for RMAS and twenty five years out of date for service experience.

There would be more than a few blokes on this site who completed short service commissions and went onto other careers.

I would be interested to see the final thesis on here.