EDL thug abused old men

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Afghan_Kandak, Jun 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. EDL thug abused old men
    Published on Saturday 18 June 2011 13:56

An ENGLISH Defence League member who threatened two elderly asian men has been handed a suspended prison sentence.

Darren Buck, 50, was involved in the demonstration with the far-right group in Halifax town centre on April 16.

Calderdale Magistrates Court heard how around 200 EDL members turned out for the demonstration which they claimed was in protest at two of their number being attacked the week before.

At around 2.30pm police reported that a large gathering of protestors were congregating outside The Plummet Line pub, Bull Close Lane, Halifax, and were trying to break through the police line.

It was at this time that officers saw Buck, a former sheet metal worker, acting aggressively towards the two elderly asian men.

Officers said he was seen trying to punch the two men but he missed and was consequently arrested.

Buck was interviewed by police and admitted the offence saying he was demonstrating to show solidarity with his fellow members.

He also told them he had been an EDL member for about a year but didn’t have any racist beliefs.

Buck pleaded guilty to a charge of using insulting or abusive language with the threat of violence.

Judith Poole, chair of the magistrates, said: “We feel this offence is so serious that only custody is appropriate.

“You were part of a group of 200 people, over 200 police officers had to be in attendance and it was a Saturday afternoon with a lot of people around who must have been really frightened.”

Buck, from Wombwell, Barnsley, was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison which was suspended for 12 months.

He will be subject to a curfew on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 9pm for 20 weeks and must pay costs of £85.

EDL thug abused old men - Local - Halifax Courier
  2. Dear MOD's if you feel my thread will attract unwanted attention, then please do delete.
  3. Judith Poole, chair of the magistrates, said: “We feel this offence is so serious that only custody is appropriate.

Then he gets it supended. What a bloody joke.
    No one should have to suffer that sort of bullying crap regardless of age race creed etc.
  4. Arthur will be along shortly to explain that this is an establishment plot to discredit the EDL.
  5. I have absolutely no comment to make re EDL...but this just made me think "What the **** planet are the Judiciary on?"

Judith Poole, chair of the magistrates, said: “We feel this offence is so serious that only custody is appropriate.

"has been handed a suspended prison sentence."

He either goes to ****ing jail..or he doesn't...make your ****ing minds up........

and breathe...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I agree that EDL should be stopped in their tracks, the price they charge for gas and electricity is appalling.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Is your avatar anything to do with Arthur11 in ceremonial dress?
  8. Afghan_Kandak ??? Im Confused, why would the MOD's want to delete a news thread ?
  9. Ah!

So it's the Ewe Defilement League!
  10. Just felt the need to get well lathered up with all the other non-racists then try and thump a couple of old men. Jesus they build 'em hard in the EDL, good to see them upholding good old English values.
  11. If you were looking for an EDL supporters, you're on the wrong site.
  12. Sensationalism of the worst kind, suppose it sells third rate newspapers to mongs!! As for the incident one must assume that the inbred, banjo-playing laboon found it amusing to attack innocent by-standers, would be somewhat different if said laboon picked a fight with a group of angry Breton trawlerman. The outcome would have been slightly different - a badly damaged laboon crying for its mother.

As for the racist element - never interrupt an idiot when it is making a mistake!! In this case the attack has not furthered the cause, only served to prove that narrow-minded gonks will never succeed with their ambitions.
  13. OOPS grumblegrunt got in just before me, I was referring to uggleebugga's excellent avatar picture.

14. Ah yes, the EDL who rage about people covering their faces…

…while covering their faces.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

European Defense League - sounds good to replace NATO. we can make it like a footy competition with a european cup. that'll make the fcukers spend some money