EDL March in Cambridge.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_fat_and_hairy, May 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The aforementioned organisation have announced their intent to march and hold a ceremony at the war memorial in Cambridge this Saturday to "honour" Lee Rigby.
    Now, since their last massive demo attracted a whole 30 of them, and that Saturday is Strawberry Fair day here in academia , one might expect the whole event to be as exciting as watching crown green bowling. But no. The other fly in the ointment, 'Cambridge United against Fascism ' - who have as many supporters as Cambridge United football club - have decreed that they have a duty to combat fascism and will mount a counter demo.
    Thus, instead of allowing the original march to stagnate and die from indifference they will simply facilitate the publicity that the loons crave.

Why is common sense and logic so absent?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Because one does enjoy ruck, what, what?

Should be televised.

3. As this is in the 'Serious Bit', I'm racking my brains to think of an appropriate, educated and literate response. Problem is, I'm stuck. The only thing that seems to fit is 'because they're silly *****'. Which is a shame because I'd love to appear intelligent and mature instead of being a mong. Hey ho.

• Like Like x 2
  4. old_fat_and_hairy

5. Hopefully it'll piss down, nothing like a spot of rain to dampen their enthusiasm and with the pubs in strawberry fair mode it'll be hard for them to get a drink.

Midsummer common must be like a swamp at the moment.

6. In the old days we had big wars, disease riddled colonial garrisons, epidemics at home and starvation to kill off the filth of society. Now we don't and we have to put up with the mouth breathers (from both sides) making dicks of themselves instead of just sticking them in a pauper's grave where they belong.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Every thread that is started on this subject gives these morons publicity - Until you just posted about it i didn't know there was a march - I'm sure you meant well and are right to raise the question but if we all keep going on about it we'll just give them the exposure that they want.

• Like Like x 2
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

Well, it had a half page spread in the Cambridge News so in a sense the puss has exited the sack anyway.

9. old_fat_and_hairy

Just had the Cambridge beer festival, finished yesterday, so quagmire sort of describes it.

10. Well was going to take daughter to the Strawberry Fair, but will give it a miss now.

11. old_fat_and_hairy

12. No need. I jumped in my Tardis and I've got some pictures:-

EDL :-

[​IMG]

UAF :-

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. My, my! Must be pretty heady breathing the rarefied atmosphere of the nouveau riche. How dare they give the riffraff freedom of speech!

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

How much were you hoping to get for her ? There's always e-bay :-D

( and I note you have lost the pic of Surfer Dude Mike with the two good eyes!)