EDL London 'march'.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, May 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We've just returned from the EDL demo. I'm not sure what will be shown on the box but largely they were well behaved and restrained. Tommy Robinson walked up to the Sikh protesters (another topic entirely) who were stuck between them and Anti-Fascists and greeted them as did many of his fellow EDL members.

There was a lot of shouting and chanting by both sides but it was the Anti-fascists that threw the first bottles. One or two of the EDL returned them but largely they were pretty restrained. I saw two injured blokes who'd been hit by missiles thrown by the AF side but there were no serious injuries.

The people causing most of the trouble were the young 'anarchists', clad in hoodies with bandanas around their faces - the same twats that were doing a lot of the damage during the 'student' riots. They gave us a load of abuse but didn't seem to want to follow it up when they realized there as many of us as there were of them.

It might kick of again later but I'm afraid this will probably be isolated drink fueled rucks that will have little to do with politics.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Stephen Lennon aka Tommy Robinson aka Paul Harris (the name he used on a fake passport). Why all the aliases? Has he got something to hide? Like his criminal record?
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I hope you were waving your red and yellow vote labour flags. be a shame to waste the oportunity :)
  4. was on BBC 6pm news and on Channel 4 7pm news.

just on now that Help for Heroes will not accept money from Tommy Robinson
    • Like Like x 2
  5. There were a lot of serving and ex-serving blokes on the EDL march.
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

How do you know? Just out of interest.
  7. And? Still a bunch of fuckwits.
    • Like Like x 6

8. Because of the number of Regt T-shirts, berets, and tats on display in groups. We also spoke to quite a few.
  9. I'll level with you. Whoever they were, they didn't look like they were preparing for government.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Walts. The lot.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Must have been squaddies then. To believe otherwise would be tantamount to suggesting that the EDL have form for parading 'soldiers' amongst their support.
    • Like Like x 8
  12. And? nothing... I just mentioned it because this is an Army rumour website.
    I've also posted on the Post Office rumour site that I saw a bloke with a penny black tattoo.
    • Like Like x 16
  13. Did he stamp on anyone?
    • Like Like x 12
  14. What?Have milwall been playing.