Editing PDF scans

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by mon_colonel, Dec 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone out there know anyway of editing text on a pdf scan without using adobe pro or any programmes that require downloading which I'm unable to do as its a company pc to which I don't have administration authority.

Any ideas
  2. This would work but it involves downloading adobe pro which as before I'm unable to due to not having admin rights for the company pc.
  3. My bad, and my apologies mon_colonel. It's late/early, bit dozy but I get your point. I found this How to Edit a Scanned PDF - OCR PDF, edit pdf files | Adobe Acrobat and also edited my previous post as you were replying. Hope you nail it Sir
  4. msr

msr LE

If it is a pdf scan, more than likely it will be a picture and not editable.

5. Print the scan on a printer,then put the printed page into a scanner,using the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software that comes with most scanners,you can then,scan the page as a text page as opposed to a graphic,which will work with Word,Word Pad,or 99% of word proccessor software,simples. ;-)

If it is a graphic,print it,then scan it into your computer in whatever format suits you, then manipulate it to your hearts content.
  6. Go old school....

Attached Files: