Editing downloaded songs

I have downloaded a song from YouTube and would like to use a single line as a ring tone, how do I trim the song so I only copy the part I want onto my phone?

err... well, for a start, I'd suggest getting a copy from a source other than YouTube. An audio file might be better. Then I'd get a copy of Audacity. IIRC, it can chop from the beginning or end of the file.

Alternatively, you could just buy a copy of the damn song. Probably easier.

Magdovus said:
Well that won't solve the fact that he just wants part of the song for a ring tone.

I use an age old program called Cool Edit Pro 2, it's ancient but easy to use for simple audio editing. They are numerous newer (better) ones, but I don't know of any.

Without the need for any extra programmes I would bung it on Microsoft moviemaker. This allows easy cropping of soundtracks. You can save it as a Mpeg, upload it to youtube and then download it again as an audio file.

long winded but works.

Magdovus said:
err... well, for a start, I'd suggest getting a copy from a source other than YouTube. An audio file might be better. Then I'd get a copy of Audacity. IIRC, it can chop from the beginning or end of the file.

I use Audacity. Free to download and easy to use. You can clip any song to the length you need. The only issue I found was either through a PC meltdown or not going for the premium (paid) option it clipped them into a format that wasn't compatiable to my phone, but luckily I already had software to convert to MP3 format.

Just out of interest what's the song? Some ARRSEr may have in MP3 format already.

Fat_Cav said:
I use Audacity. Free to download and easy to use. You can clip any song to the length you need. The only issue I found was either through a PC meltdown or not going for the premium (paid) option it clipped them into a format that wasn't compatiable to my phone, but luckily I already had software to convert to MP3 format.

Just out of interest what's the song? Some ARRSEr may have in MP3 format already.
I suppose it was inevitable that someone would ask which song it was eventually...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Come on admit it, you too want your phoning calling out the chorus whenever you receive a text message. :wink:

REMEbrat said:
Fat_Cav said:

I suppose it was inevitable that someone would ask which song it was eventually...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Come on admit it, you too want your phoning calling out the chorus whenever you receive a text message. :wink:
You sneaky little tease. :D

So, what's it genre and what does it sound like? I haven't got a soundcard at work and I won't be bothered to log on whan I get home.

It's a comedy song by some of the comedians from the US TV show Saturday Night Live. It's like a rap parody, but actually rather funny.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Peter_Skellen Gaming and Software 13
MuddyMettle Gaming and Software 9
BossHogg Gaming and Software 4