Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Dontdreamit, Nov 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Beaconsfield is closer to London-trains are very good and regular. There is STACKS of local money around, so being a personal trainer might be a good things to be. Dunno about quarters as I lived in (sh1te). The camp is pump and there is an unhealthy us and them attitude between DS and students. That said I enjoyed my time there. Do a search as there is quite a lot about DSL floating around arrse.

Ps the Kebab van on the main drag in B'field does a cracking chilli chicken in fresh pitta and the pubs are pretty decent too.

Edit for mongtype
  2. Quarters at DSL are ****.
  3. The MQ at B'field ARE sh1te, no doubt about it, but the 'laid back' life, local currency flow, proximity to London and the lack of a smell of onions more than make up for it. I'm enjoying my time there at the moment, although admittedly, I am not living in MQ but commuting each weekend. I'll offer my opinion that the 'them and us' attitude displayed by the Staff here is significantly less apparent than at Chix from previous experience, this being my fourth L4 course here. My opinion only of course. I'd also suggest, that depending on language, B'field offers a more varied intake method and saturation of the language in question, and depending on which Wing you serve within (governed by which language you study), probably more timetable flexibility. This is however, specific to language/wing and the number of students on said course.
    Dontdreamit - please PM me if you want any particular current, competent information about the current situ at B'field, I'll do my best to find out for you if I don't already know. Whichever way, all the best.

PS. Edited for further info, and of course, monginess.
  4. Any takers for the DJC LL course at Chicksands in Jan?
  5. Glad you got a place mate. Beaconsfield for me - Pashto.
  6. Rockstar

Out of a cast of thousands, I shall be seeing you there, but not quite in the way that you think...
  7. Teech sees out of alternative organs to us mere mortals (and that's not all)-never, ever, use adrinking receptacle he has recently put down
  8. To be quite honest, I'm a bit worried...