Edited

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Dontdreamit, Sep 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. New Cold War my arse. With oil heading south of $100 a barrel and getting ever closer to the Russian pain point of $72 a barrel, the Russian Stock Exchange closed after at least £35Bn foreign investment fled the country after Georgia, even with a $100Bn defence budget, the Russians will be lucky to maintain the very poor capability they still possess.

On the other hand, we shouldn't underestimate just how misunderstood and unjustly villifed they're feeling - they've just successfully defended their passport holders in South Ossetia from genocidal Georgian aggression and have served the cause of peace by disarming the dangerously out of control Georgian armed forces, have withdrawn, ahead of schedule, to the buffer zone they agreed with Saakashvili and we're bumping our gums about a new Cold War.

3. I believe the CAAC of choice is 7. I'll get my coat.............

4. While I'm in a ranting mood, I know we now call Combat Int 'Operational Intelligence' but why the fuck is this being shortened to OPINTEL? Surely the correct abbreviation for Operational Intelligence is Op Int?

5. I find that JWP2-00, written in the main by an Army officer, is quite helpful in providing a doctrinally correct definition of OPINTEL.

6. Remind me again, what the fuck would you know about it?

7. You seem to need to be reminded about a number of things, these days.

Fortunately, I was able to remind you where to look, we have only been using the term for 8 years now. It's obvious that you have forgotten more than I could ever hope to know.

Do you need any help working out which is the "old pattern" stable belt. At least the RAF, being less susceptible to the whims of fashion, only has one style to remember.

Last edited by forgetful Adastra on 28 Sept 2008, edited 149 times in total.

8. Op Int, ignore him, he is way above the likes of you and me. We don't even feature on his radar when it comes to answering PM's. You'd at least think he would have the courage of his convictions when asked to explain him/herself!

As for your point about Opintel. A fair one. It was probably conjured up by some non G2 officer who probably refers to recce as recon also. :wink:

9. msr

msr LE