Edited

semper said:
why marry ? whats the point of it ? if you get screwed and the stress, has many actually lasted the course ?

no wonder there are more single households in the UK than ever.
All prospective cadets please note: In Semper's tent, no-one can hear you scream....not even him!

Chuzu said:
Sell all your furniture to the lads in block for a pound each item and get a receipt book then when giving her half of everything be only a few quid plus all legal and you can buy it back off the lads after divorce is finalised.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think you will find that's no longer legal.

IT_Guy said:
semper said:
why marry ? whats the point of it ? if you get screwed and the stress, has many actually lasted the course ?

Been married over 16 years now, its not always easy admittedly.

I can't think of one of my sons friends whose parents are still together - and it seems to be mainly selfishness on one (or both) of the parents part.

We're breeding a generation of kids who will hate their parents for putting them last.

There's gonna be a lot of sad, lonely OAP's wondering why the kids don't call....
I suppose you are hitting the nail on the head there, mate.

I think thats the key thing, selfish Parents produce selfish children, I have noticed a decline in standards, good manners are not as common place as it used to be, children pick up from self absorbed parents and think it is ok to behave that way, they know their rights but not their responsibilty.

Unmarried and married Parent can and do produce good and well adjusted children, its down to them taking their responsibility seriously.

Children of divorced parent do grow up ok as long as both set of parents do their bit, divorce can be inevitable for various reasons, sometimes rushing into it without knowing the other person is not usually a good idea. a longish courtship and living together for a bit, can help you to decide if you are mutually suited.

Sorry for going off topic.

back onto the original subject

Wishful_Thinking said:
Chuzu said:
Sell all your furniture to the lads in block for a pound each item and get a receipt book then when giving her half of everything be only a few quid plus all legal and you can buy it back off the lads after divorce is finalised.
wishful rite - its dun on value - solicitors take into account depreciation plus then the other half can get nasty n push it for max time too

filthyphil said:
semper said:

All prospective cadets please note: In Semper's tent, no-one can hear you scream....not even him!
I have just laughed so hard, a drop of wee came out! FP you are a comic genius.

Sarge_Knows_Best said:
Wishful_Thinking said:
Chuzu said:
wishful rite - its dun on value - solicitors take into account depreciation plus then the other half can get nasty n push it for max time too
Fcuk the furniture ( which would obviously be in her taste) . Forgoing that is a superb bargaining tool. My ex took on the remainder of a bank loan in leiu of me not making a claim on it. You can kit a house out quite cheaply via tesco direct these days :D . The same goes with cars & other things that deprichiate , let em have it. It maybe a shiny newish motor now but in 5 yrs time it,ll be worth feck all. Use that to your advantage while bargaining for more sustainable assets........ I.E house equity ( if you have some :roll: )

LT